Natura Latex Mattresses

Does anyone have this brand and how do you like it? A friend has one and has been very positive about it.

Unfortunately, our two newest Pure Latex Bliss Beautiful mattresses are sagging just like the one did this summer. Makes me really wonder what is going on. If we were big people, I might understand it, but we are both tall and average weight.

We DO love latex and loved the Beautifuls until the sags started compressing the latex and making it much harder and firmer than we like.

This is the only other latex brand I can find in South Texas.

Would welcome comments!

Hi scubamom,

I’m sorry to hear that your troubles with PLB are continuing.

Are your sags “virtual” or “visible” … and if they are visible how deep are they? I know you also had some issues with the foundations you were using and just to save me looking back can you remind me what both of your mattresses are currently using as a support system?

“Natura” is a brand name on a label just like any other and they make a very wide range of mattresses that use different combinations of Talalay latex (from Latex International just like PLB), Dunlop latex, polyfoam, innersprings, and wool so it really isn’t possible to make any meaningful comments about a brand without knowing the specifics of the materials in the specific mattress you are considering. They tend to use higher quality materials but with some of their mattresses it may be difficult to find out the specifics of the materials inside it (usually the ones with polyfoam inside them) but I believe the polyfoam density they most commonly use is 1.8 lbs.

Many of their mattresses also use thicker layers of wool which may be subject to some visible impressions but with wool this generally doesn’t affect support/alignment because wool becomes firmer as it compresses unlike foam materials which generally become softer over time.

Can you remind me where you are in South Texas (your zip code or nearest city?)

Phoenix

The PLB Beautifuls are on the 2013 heavy duty solid top Tempurpedic foundations - far better than the PLB ones. The sags are visual and presently measuring 1/2" on either side after 3 months of sleeping on them! The comfort level has changed from nicely floating on them to “bottoming out” and firmer, just like the one that failed and we had replaced. I’m not sure I want to go through another warranty claim - it would be through Mattress to go on one. The other was the warranty replacement. ACK. I have no doubt they will sag to 3/4" if we keep sleeping on them. We started on the replacement mattress and after 2 months, the sags were visual… switched it with the Matt to go one and it’s now showing the 1/2" sags.

Makes me wonder why the Beautiful uses 15 ILD as the top 3" layer when one can buy a topper with the same ILD. Somewhere on the forum I read where the lighter weight ILD will fail faster than the firmer ones. That said, we can’t tell which layer is failing - who knows?

We are in Corpus Christi Texas… San Antonio our nearest big city and Natura is available there. Several have all latex mattresses with wool covers. It’s the type my friend has… so far her’s has done well.

I really don’t want to go back to Simmons, although our daughter loves her Black label one (so far).

Hi scubamom,

You are certainly having your share of issues with your PLB mattresses. These types of issues are one of the reasons that many manufacturers tend to be very cautious with any ultra soft materials in the comfort layers of their mattresses because they will always be less durable than firmer versions of the same material … even with latex. While some degree of impressions doesn’t seem to bother some people … for others it can have a much bigger effect on the loss of comfort and support especially if a mattress is close to the edge of the comfort/support range that is tooo soft for a particular person (see post #2 here). With these types of very soft materials it’s often a better idea too add them to a sleeping system as a topper which can be replaced without having to replace the entire mattress.

As you know if the impressions in your mattress reach 3/4" then you would be eligible for a warranty exchange once again and for the mattress that you purchased from Matt-To-Go they would help you with the warranty claim but a warranty exchange is always frustrating and of course it also involves some costs with shipping as well.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Corpus Christie area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here and the San Antonio list is in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi Scubamom -
To update you, my PLB Nature mattress has now met the 3/4" depression threshold. Guess I’ll be making a warranty claim now. All your replacements don’t make me feel to hopeful :frowning:

You have the Nature right? Interesting that yours is sagging too. How long have you had it? Something is going on here. Can you look at the Manufacturing tag and see if it was made by the Texas division? Ours was. I think they also manufacture them in CT. ?

Definitely file a claim and keep us posted.

Phoenix, You should remove Cantwell from the Corpus and San Antonio lists… while they may have once specialized in Latex, it appears that they no longer really do. They have soft, med, firm latex mattresses (only the medium in Corpus Store) and seem to rather sell the coil beds. Not really a good option.

I’ll probably let the PLB sag to 3/4" and file yet another claim. Maybe they’ll get their problems sorted out. They won’t do very well if a good part of their sales sag and need replacing!

This piece of info is very useful to me. Can I conclude from it that you are basically saying if your going to choose a plush/soft type of mattress you really need to know what the specs are more so than a firmer mattress? Also if your PPP is for a plush/soft you may have to shell out a bit more $ to ensure endurance?
Thanks

Hi klphoto7,

The local forum lists are meant to include the better options and possibilities for mattresses of all types … not just latex … and I normally include any local manufacturer as a “possibility”.

Some people prefer the feel (or the price) of a more traditional innerspring mattress with polyfoam comfort layers and an innerspring mattress that uses good quality and durable materials and components can be a very good choice for many people.

I’m also keeping an eye out for any “patterns” with sagging and at this point there doesn’t seem to be any that are obvious (although if it was just based on your experiences then it would certainly qualify as a pattern). I certainly hope that your experiences don’t become more common and if they were it would certainly affect their sales because if retailers begin to notice a high level of these types of issues with their customers they would normally replace them on their floor rather than having to deal with a disproportionate number of complaints.

Phoenix

Hi klphoto7,

I would consider it to be very important to know the “quality specs” of a mattress no matter what firmness level it may be (see this article) but softness/firmness is certainly one of the specs that can affect the durability of a mattress yes. This would also be relative to the person on the mattress because higher body weights will compress a mattress more deeply and feel softer than they will feel for lower body weights which don’t compress the same materials as much. There is more about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

That would depend to some degree on the type of mattress and materials you were considering but higher quality and more durable materials tend to be more costly than lower quality and less durable materials of the same type yes.

Phoenix

I’m reposting on this thread as it also pertains to my belief that my PLB mattress had warranty issues. It turns out that my PLB Nature mattress is not sagging after all. We took the whole bed apart to get the necessary photographs to send in with out warranty claim. When we laid the mattress directly on the floor, the sag was gone. It ended up being the foundation that was sagging. I had known about the sag before, but we had put a piece of 3/4" plywood on top of the foundation thinking that would solve the problem. Well, apparently the plywood just warped over time (only two or so months actually) and followed the depression on the foundation. We have now rebuilt the foundation and hopefully that is the end of that!

Hi lotus65,

Thanks for adding your comments to this topic as well and as I mentioned in reply to your other post here … I’m glad you figured out the cause of the sagging in your mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix