Natura World Latex Mattress?

I’ve read quite a bit on this website about the various pitfalls of mattresses. Unfortunately, I didn’t read much until after I’d purchased a memory foam bed from Costco (which was the equivalent of a concrete slab, and was returned after 6 weeks of misery). There is a local store in the Sacramento, CA area called Matthews Mattress that has a few of the Natura Latex mattresses on closeout (supposedly these are models from pre-bankruptcy/Spring Air acquisition), but I can’t find ANYTHING about them online…

Do you know anything about the Natura IM Perfect, Heather or Cadence?

Also, I have what I THOUGHT was a latex over foam bed, and have had it for 7+ years (and it’s going strong). I just unzipped the cover, and read the tag…it’s visco foam over poly foam. It’s the most comfortable bed we’ve ever owned, made by Glideaway. I did some ressearch and it’s actually 3" of 1.5lb memory foam over a 6" 1.8lb poly core with a quilted foam cover. 1.5lb memory foam is generally garbage…why/how has this lasted so long…and what is available in the general mattress world that might have a similar feel?

Thanks in advance for your help - much appreciated.

Hi kgoody,

If these are mattresses that were before the Spring Air acquisition then they would be prior to April, 2012 and it’s possible that these are returns of some kind (possibly defective) since it would be unlikely that they are new after that long. The manufacturing date should be on the law tag. Either way … if they are returns or pre-bankruptcy … then they wouldn’t have a warranty. The Natura IM perfec was apparently 3" of latex over a polyfoam support core (see here) and was introduced somewhere around early 2009 but I don’t know any details about the others. I did check the Naturaworld site on the wayback machine to see if they were listed but I didn’t find any listings for either the Heather or Cadence going back to about 20009.

Glideway/Sleep Harmony doesn’t use 1.5 lb memory foam in their mattresses (which would be a polyfoam density not a density for memory foam) and most of their mattresses use higher density memory foam … often in the 5 lb range … which would be the most likely reason it has lasted for so long.

If you like this mattress then it seems that you may prefer memory foam mattresses. There is more about the different ways that one mattress may “match” another one in post #9 here but without any information about what is in your mattress the only way to try and “match” it to another memory foam mattress would be based on your own testing and how it feels to you.

Glideaway still makes some good quality memory foam mattresses so it’s possible that one of their current models would be similar but again you would need to test it in person to assess whether any of them feel similar to the one you are sleeping on.

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Sacramento area (subject to the guidelines here and the steps in the tutorial post) are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix

Any downside/weak point wth the IM Perfect? The store claims to have the Natura products brand new (in vacuum sealed mfg packaging) in their warehouse. I am aware that the warranty wouldn’t apply because of the bankruptcy, but that is reflected in the pricing (significant discount). Is it safe to assume if it’s in sealed packaging, that it really is new?

I can’t find any local mattress stores with Glideaway products, unfortunately. The store where we’d purchased our Glideaway mattress no longer carries their products. We’re checking out the Natura options, as well as Golden Mattress Latex & Latex Hybrids, and a couple of Diamond Mattress models, but they are terribly difficult to find on the floor…and I’d like to try before I buy.

If you have any experience on the Golden Mattress Reflection Latex Euro-Top or Reflection Latex Pillow top (one is all foam, the other is foam over coils), or the Diamond Mattress Latex Hybrids, I’d welcome your thoughts.

Has Restava given specs on their mattresses yet?

Thanks again for your help. This is a great site - very informative.

Hi kgoody,

I don’t know all the specs of the materials in the IM Perfect for certain but the Talalay latex in the comfort layer is a high quality and very durable material and I believe that the polyfoam they used was 1.8 lbs which is also a good quality material so if this was accurate then there would be no obvious weak links in the mattress. It’s very easy to rewrap a returned mattress in plastic and this is a very common practice so the fact that a mattress is wrapped in plastic really doesn’t mean anything.

I don’t have any personal experience with either mattress but with any mattress … regardless of the name of the manufacturer … once you know the type and quality of the materials (see this article) then you can identify whether there are any weak links in the mattress in terms of durability and make more meaningful comparisons to other mattresses. Any good retailer should be able to provide these for you.

Golden Mattress typically uses higher quality materials and make mattresses that are better quality/value than most larger mainstream manufacturers (they often use 2 lb polyfoam in their base layers for example which is a high quality material) but I would always make sure you know the current specs for the type and quality of all the materials in any mattress you are considering.

You can see my thoughts about Diamond in post #2 here and in post #2 here. Again … if you are considering a specific Diamond mattress then I would always make sure that the retailer can provide you you with all the information you need to make an informed choice as well.

If you can provide the current specs for any of these mattresses and post them on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials inside them.

Unfortunately the last time I heard from them was the conversation that I mentioned in post #5 here.

Phoenix