"Natural latex from Sri Lanka"

Hi, Phoenix.
I am looking at the mattresses from Jamestown Mattress - probably the Heavenly Cloud Eurotop or Nature’s Cloud Eurotop. They list all of their components in their mattresses right on their website, but only say this about their latex:" The 100% natural latex is imported in from Sri Lanka." It doesn’t specify whether it’s talalay or Dunlop. Which is better? I like a soft, squishy pillow-top. What should I be looking for?

I believe that is Dunlop. There are multiple links on this site that describe the differences between the Dunlop and talalay process and the different feels that each tends to have.

Here’s a few links describing latex in general:

If you like the every soft feel, you may wish to investigate something that uses a more plush talalay in the upper layers, but that really would come down to your comfort preference. There are softer layers of Dunlop that many people also enjoy.

Hi Nuclearmomb,

Just to confirm Jeff’s comments … if the 100% natural latex is from Sri Lanka then it would be Dunlop.

There is also one more link that you may find helpful besides the ones that Jeff linked which is post #7 here which has more information about some of the differences between Talalay and Dunlop. Both types of latex are a very high quality and durable material and come in a wide range of firmness levels. The choice between them would be a preference choice and not a “better/worse” choice.

Phoenix