Natural Memory Foam

I have a latex mattress that I love, purchased from “The Foamguy” on Vancouver Island, after lots of reading on this web-site. My friend was looking at latex mattress in Vancouver, where he lives, and at a store called “Essentia” was told about a “Natural Memory Foam”. I had always assumed that memory foam was a petro-chemical product. I was wondering if you knew of a natural memory foam, and if you did, what natural product is it made from.

Thanks for your time

Hi Canadan99,

There are some comments about Essentia and some of the misleading claims they make and some forum discussions with them (as well as some of the FTC issues they have had about their claims) in this thread and this thread and posts #3 and #4 here). Some of the discussion in this topic may be helpful as well.

The “bottom line” is that there isn’t any “natural” memory foam and I certainly wouldn’t treat the information on their website (or on some of the other websites I’ve seen that write about them) as a reliable source of “fact based” information. I would also make some very careful “value” comparisons before considering any Essentia mattress because they tend to be in a much higher budget range than other mattresses that use similar materials as well.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Vancouver, BC area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix