Natural vs organic latex?

Hi, I’m new here and so glad to have found this site! Several stores list “natural” latex. Does this mean it is synthetic or part synthetic? Thanks! LauraAnn

Hi LauraAnn,

In today’s market, “natural” can mean almost anything to the point where by itself it has little meaning at all.

Pure Latex Bliss for example uses the description “natural talalay” to mean a blend of natural and synthetic ribber that is 30% natural and 70% synthetic. They call their 100% natural talalay “all natural” to differentiate them (which I think is very misleading). Some manufacturers use it to indicate “mostly” natural rubber (say 85% natural rubber) and some use it to indicate 100% natural rubber. many stores confuse the two and don’t know which material they are selling.

Without knowing the specifics … natural is just one of those words that has little meaning by itself and I would want to know both the type of latex they are using and the specific blend percentage of NR (natural rubber) and SBR (synthetic rubber) in the latex.

You can read a little more about the different types of latex in this article and in post #6 here.

Phoenix