Naturellesleep.com latex toppers

Hi, I currently have a Natura EcoHaven mattress that has 6" of 100% firm Dunlop latex for the mattress and a 2" soft Talalay and wool topper. After 6 years, the topper is not giving us enough softness anymore (sore hips and shoulders). We are side sleepers and the general advice seems to be that a 3" soft Talalay topper would help us. We are in Canada and I found this topper at Naturellesleep.com and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this company? Or, any other recommendations? I was looking at SleepEz toppers but with the exchange being what it is (plus shipping costs) I’d rather stick with a Canadian retailer:
https://www.naturellesleep.com/#!online-store/ckdr/!/Naturelle-Latex-Toppers-3/p/36136798/category=9327568
Thanks so much for your help!

Hi KathyinVancouver,

Naturellesleep is connected with Nature’s Sleep in Canada (see this topic) and I would be very wary of doing any business with them. I don’t consider them to be a reliable or ethical supplier and I would put them in the category of “buyer beware”!!!

Some of the better suppliers I’m aware of that ship mattresses and/or toppers across Canada are listed in post #21 here.

Phoenix

Thanks for letting me know Phoenix! I’ll check out that list of other Canadian companies :slight_smile:

Hi KathyinVancouver,

In terms of price, quality, service and vendor honesty, I can recommend memoryfoamcomfort.ca. I believe they only sell Dunlop toppers now, though. Returns are also impossible, so it’s a bit of a gamble. (If you ever find a Canadian online retailer that takes returns, please tell this forum!). Their memory foam is also very, very good in terms of pressure relief, but that’s another kettle of fish.

You could also try adding an inch of foam to your existing topper if it is still even (no indentations - I presume the wool you mention is the cover fabric???). It could be that your bodies have changed, rather than the topper, and that you simply need more softness. (I softened a 2 inch Talalay topper by adding 1 inch of Energia foam to it. Did the trick for me in terms of pressure relief, but that’s just me. Though it’s poly, the foam is very resilient and under such a thin layer the latex feel is not entirely lost.) You can test this approach out by buying one of those thin and cheap 1.8 lb poly toppers at sears. And maybe even return it!!!

There are also a few reputable US dealers on eBay. Even including shipping and customs/import charges (only buy when the latter are prepaid or you’ll get robbed by UPS), they can be less expensive than Canadian online sources. Again, unless otherwise specified, latex will mean Dunlop cuz of the price difference. A few of these vendors are listed by Phoenix in a post about components suppliers (use the search tab). Phoenix also has a post detailing the differences between Dunlop and Talalay. I would not restrict myself to Talalay in a topper without a good reason to do so (such as wanting “super soft”.) It’s a nice material, but I find the present Canadian prices a little hard to justify. And in Talalay I would also recommend 3 inches, specially over a firm core.

Hope this helps :unsure:

Dodo

Hi dodo,

The post you are referring to is here but many of them don’t ship to Canada so you would need to use a re-shipper.

The post about the differences between Dunlop and Talalal is here :slight_smile:

Phoenix