Naturepedic Concerto

I’ve looked at many a mattress and really like the Naturepedic Concerto. The basic specs:

15" eurotop
plush comfort
3" organic latex
1616 coils (queen)

I also thought the EOS in plush was good – which is also 3" organic latex over 8" of microcells. The Naturepedic seems like a quality product but it is very expensive ($5500). How do these compare to other coil /latex hybrids like mygreenmattress and mattresses.net ? Obviously it’s hard to compare a mattress you’ve tried to one you have not!

Hi LOISADA,

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

[quote]I’ve looked at many a mattress and really like the Naturepedic Concerto. The basic specs:

15" eurotop
plush comfort
3" organic latex
1616 coils (queen)[/quote]

The concerto certainly uses high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress design but it wouldn’t be in the best “value” range for most people compared to other similar mattresses that are available to you that are in lower price ranges.

If you tend to prefer innerspring/latex hybrid mattresses (and there are many who do … see post #13 here), there are some options listed in post #2 here that may also be worth considering as well.

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or approximate another one in post #9 here but if there are more than very minor differences between two mattress designs then the only reliable way to compare them in terms of how they feel and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) would be based on your own testing or personal experience.

There is more about the different ways to choose the most suitable mattress (either locally or online) and how to identify and minimize the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here and there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix