Naturepedic EOS Standard Customizable Organic Mattress comparison

I haven’t found anyone talking about Naturepedic EOS Standard Customizable Organic Mattress. Probably because like us, most can’t afford it!. My husband has recovered from lymphoma and we feel we need a very healthy bed from this point forward.
We don’t need to customize as we actually tried out the bed in a store and both liked the firm.
We thought the EOS seemed like it wouldn’t generate so much heat.

MY QUESTION IS:
Does anyone know a mattress with similar organic qualities that might charge less because both sides are the same?

thanks for anything you can suggest. Right now there’s sales on some-but I’ve no idea how they are.

Hi Zana,

[quote]I haven’t found anyone talking about Naturepedic EOS Standard Customizable Organic Mattress. Probably because like us, most can’t afford it!. My husband has recovered from lymphoma and we feel we need a very healthy bed from this point forward.
We don’t need to customize as we actually tried out the bed in a store and both liked the firm.[/quote]

There is a lot more information in post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” that can help you decide on the type of materials and components you are most comfortable having in your mattress or on the certifications that may be important to you. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, beliefs, and lifestyle choices.

There is also some good information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

The Naturepedic EOS uses high quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would be any cause for concern in terms of durability. A forum search on “Naturepedic EOS” (you can just click the link) will also bring up more comments about it as well.

[quote]MY QUESTION IS:
Does anyone know a mattress with similar organic qualities that might charge less because both sides are the same?[/quote]

There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same materials, components, and design (which would be very unlikely) then there really isn’t a way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort” and PPP based on the specifications of the mattress.

Mattress manufacturers generally try to differentiate their mattress from the mattresses made by other manufacturers and don’t normally try to “match” another mattress that is made by a different manufacturer so while you may find similar mattresses that use similar materials that are equally durable … it’s very unlikely that you will find another mattress that is specifically designed to “match” or “approximate” the EOS in terms of PPP so the only way to know how two mattresses compare for you in terms of how it “feels” or in terms of firmness or PPP would be based on your own careful testing or actual sleeping experience on both of them.

There is also more about the benefits of an organic certification in post #3 here and there is more about the different levels of organic certifications in post #2 here and about organic and safety certifications in general in post #2 here.

There are some additional sources for innerspring/latex hybrid mattresses (including pocket coils) listed in post #2 here but this is far from a complete list since many local manufacturers or retailers may also have similar mattresses on their floor. Again I would also keep in mind that while they may be in the same general category … they won’t necessarily all contain the same type or blend of latex or contain certified organic latex and they can each have a different “feel”, firmness level, or a different design so some mattresses in a particular category may be a great match for you in terms of PPP while others that are in the same category may not be suitable for you to sleep on.

Phoenix