NaturePedic Organic Mattress Review

I bought (2) different NaturePedic Organic Mattresses for my sons (elementary age):
2010 - Naturepedic Organic Twin Mattress-Ultra (now listing for $780)
2014 - NaturePedic Twin Quilted Deluxe 1-Sided Mattress ($649)
bought both off of amazon.

They boys have been happy with them. Until the other night when I had to sleep in the 2014 version (1-sided mattress). I realized how hard it was. I had a back ache all day. Without me saying anything, my son mentioned something to me a week later about how uncomfortable it was.

Since we spent so much money on it, I didn’t want to just toss it for a cheep, regular mattress. I read on this blog about a “topper” that will make a mattress more comfortable. We are going to try this out in a natural latex.

We are still very pleased with the 2010 version (NaturePedic “Ultra”). I think I bought different versions because the 2010 version had gone up in price so much.

Hi lglawhon,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback.

I would be a little bit cautious because a mattress that would be soft enough for many adult’s preferences will often be too soft for a child. In many cases what they may “like” best may also not be what they “need” (just like food choices).

Having said that … if your son has grown larger and is getting closer to more adult proportions and a firmer mattress that would be suitable for a younger child that needs a firmer mattress isn’t quite soft enough for him then it would generally be OK to add a topper with another inch or two of latex to provide some additional softness and pressure relief as long as it’s not any thicker and not too soft (I would probably look at an ILD in the range of the lower 20’s or firmer).

Some of the better online sources I’m aware of for latex toppers are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix