Nature's Embrace Unison

Hello Phoenix,
I like to thank you for creating this online mattress research heaven! it is since last February that I have been doing research about mattresses. I am so happy that I found your mattress forum. Last week, I purchased a 8" latex (Unison from Renelle). I am in BC Canada.
We first put it on our (ancient) box spring and soon found out that that wasn’t.t supportive and solid enough. I am purchasing the foundation that Nature"s Embrace recommends. We are all set!

Oh, by the way, when I went to the store, I, (instead of the owner himself) was explaining the owner why I should buy a latex and what the benefits are etc. It was hilarious! After my ‘why to buy latex-speech’ he exclaimed:" You are hired!!"
Thanks to you Phoenix, I learned a lot!

Hi Yokalina,

[quote]I like to thank you for creating this online mattress research heaven! it is since last February that I have been doing research about mattresses. I am so happy that I found your mattress forum. Last week, I purchased a 8" latex (Unison from Renelle). I am in BC Canada.
We first put it on our (ancient) box spring and soon found out that that wasn’t.t supportive and solid enough. I am purchasing the foundation that Nature"s Embrace recommends. We are all set![/quote]

I’m glad the information here was helpful and as you probably know I think you made a good quality/value choice.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

FWIW … my daughter in Vancouver also purchased a Nature’s Embrace organic Dunlop latex mattress as well several years ago and loves it.

[quote]Oh, by the way, when I went to the store, I, (instead of the owner himself) was explaining the owner why I should buy a latex and what the benefits are etc. It was hilarious! After my ‘why to buy latex-speech’ he exclaimed:" You are hired!!"
Thanks to you Phoenix, I learned a lot! [/quote]

That’s too funny :slight_smile:

As sad as it is … most of the members here that have spent more than an hour or two on the forum will know more meaningful information about mattresses and mattress materials than most of the salespeople in the mainstream part of the industry industry that usually sell lower quality/value mattresses and most of the more knowledgeable retailers and manufacturers in the industry love it when someone who is already “educated” comes into their store.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a while.

Phoenix

Hello,
For approximately one month, we have been sleeping on our new Unison. It sleeps great.I have no complaints. Last week , we received the matching foundation (Renelle’s match for the Nature’s Embrace Unison). It looks great and sturdy. it didn’t affect the motion transfer.
Overall I am very pleased with the purchase of the mattress and the foundation.
However… we noticed big depressions on both sides of the bed. I have contacted the store and sent some pictures. I am awaiting their response.
The warranty says:“[i] In the first several months you may notice the development of a body signature in the surface of your mattress. This is a normal occurrence and indicates that the layers in the top portion of your mattress are conforming to the natural contours of your body. Body signatures are not a suggestion of structural failure. Rotating your mattress head to foot every three to four months will minimize the appearance of body signatures.”
The warranty does not apply to normal body signature of 1 1/2" deep or less.

I am not sure how worried I have to be. My husband sure didn’t like the looks of it.
Please let me know what you think about this.
Thank you,

Hi Yokalina,

Thanks for the update … and it’s good to hear that you are sleeping well on your new mattress.

[quote]However… we noticed big depressions on both sides of the bed. I have contacted the store and sent some pictures. I am awaiting their response.
The warranty says:" In the first several months you may notice the development of a body signature in the surface of your mattress. This is a normal occurrence and indicates that the layers in the top portion of your mattress are conforming to the natural contours of your body. Body signatures are not a suggestion of structural failure. Rotating your mattress head to foot every three to four months will minimize the appearance of body signatures."
The warranty does not apply to normal body signature of 1 1/2" deep or less.

I am not sure how worried I have to be. My husband sure didn’t like the looks of it.
Please let me know what you think about this.[/quote]

I can’t say anything for certain because I haven’t seen your mattress and I don’t know how deep the impressions are but your mattress has a fairly thick layer of wool in the quilting and I would suspect that this is the most likely reason for any impressions you are experiencing.

Wool will compress by about 30% of its thickness as you sleep on it over time and this will happen faster in the areas you sleep more often than it will in the areas that you sleep on less. If this is what is happening it will tend to even out over time as you spend more time on the areas that you sleep on less often and they “catch” up to the areas that you sleep on more often over the course of the first few months (up to about 6 months or so) and I would make a point of sleeping in different areas of the mattress initially and also rotating the mattress from time to time to help with the process … see post #2 here).

Other possible reasons are that the foundation under the mattress is sagging or there is a defect in the latex itself but these are both very unlikely and it’s much more likely that it’s the normal initial impressions that will happen with the wool layers in which case it’s nothing to worry about.

Phoenix

Hi Yokalina!

As you may know we sell the Nature’s Embrace line of Organic mattresses. We have had only 2 warranty claims in the last 3 years, that have been handled quickly and efficiently by the people at Nature’ Embrace.

Regards