Ne1 have experience with Flobeds?

I have a question with regards to their foundation. I see they utilize a split foundation (queen) whereas many other retailers do not except for king size. Can anyone comment on whether or not they could feel the center line where the foundations meet (they’re not physically connected)? I only ask because with split layering I would think you have a direct line of seperation through the entire set up (mattress through foundation). Their website states it works on heavy duty metal bed frame with center support but I would have to use woden slats with center support (my queen size wooden bed rails are about 81" wide (.5 wider than a queen).

Also I notice they use 1.5"-2" convoluted foam as a top layer and use stretch knit cover. Does this foam layer act as an equilivant (sp?) to say the quilted wool covers on a SleepEZ latex mattresses?

NE1 else cross shop Flobed with SleepEZ?

Hi Km,

I don’t have any personal experience with their mattress but with a split queen you would be no more likely to feel a split foundation than with a split king (and all kings are split). With any solid non flexing foundation that has a level surface such as theirs you wouldn’t feel where the foundations come together with or without split latex layers. They will confirm this when you talk with them.

No … it is still foam and would have a very different response from wool and it’s an actual layer in the mattress rather than being quilted to the cover (they also have a wool quilted cover). You can read more about a convoluted layer in post #2 here (in reply to question #4) and in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Price difference between a SleepEZ 10k and Flobed deluxe is about $850 ($2025 vs. $2927 respectively). Part of that difference is the addtion of the Latex topper, higher priced foundation, and shipping. That’s a chunk of change no doubt.

I’m wondering about the split cores used by flobeds. Their mattresses larger than twin use layers that come in halves – for example a left and right half. I can understand for a queen or king, with two persons, each sleeping on their own half, that this can be useful and not be a problem. But, for a Full size, with only a single person using the mattress, a separation down the middle seems like it may be a problem, causing a sinking in the middle and maybe even a widening separation.

Does anyone have any comments on the effect of the separate flobed halves? With a full mattress, sleeping will occur near the middle and that means over the split. Is this a design weakness, not having a single integrated layer? Would gluing the halves make a layer about the same as a whole layer?

Hi rconn2,

You can see my comments in post #2 here. With the single top 2" convoluted layer and the quilted cover it won’t be an issue.

Phoenix

I’ll be sure to let you know when my mattress arrives. Just send me a PM in about a week to remind me. Worsts case is that you could bond the pieces together with latex glue. Apparently this glue has no negative affect upon performance.

Phoenix - thanks. I read your link.

km thanks. I’d really like to know your experience. I’m trying to figure out a latex mattress for my gf (queen) and her dad (full).

He liked the Healthy Back Bliss Essence (think this compares to the PLB Nature). But, it’s a blend and the layers are glued together.

As an alternative, I’m thinking of the Flobeds Select or SleepEZ 10,000. The one thing that concerns me about the Flobeds is the separation. For a queen or king, I don’t see it as a problem, and even an advantage in that someone is likely to sleep on a half and not in the very middle. But, I’m still wary with a full since sleeping across the middle is likely.

Your feedback, or any other’s with a Flobed will be greatly appreciated.

[quote=“rconn2” post=34224]Phoenix - thanks. I read your link.

km thanks. I’d really like to know your experience. I’m trying to figure out a latex mattress for my gf (queen) and her dad (full).

He liked the Healthy Back Bliss Essence (think this compares to the PLB Nature). But, it’s a blend and the layers are glued together.

As an alternative, I’m thinking of the Flobeds Select or SleepEZ 10,000. The one thing that concerns me about the Flobeds is the separation. For a queen or king, I don’t see it as a problem, and even an advantage in that someone is likely to sleep on a half and not in the very middle. But, I’m still wary with a full since sleeping across the middle is likely.

Your feedback, or any other’s with a Flobed will be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Sure. Just an FYI I went with SleepEZ 10k instead of Flobeds. It’s a queen and we both sleep in the middle. PM me if you still want feedback. I really liked the flobeds foundation as it appears to be extremely well built and I like their idea of convoluted topper with the stretch knit cover. Maybe flobeds utilizes the topper because of the cover they use? Phoenix would have an idea.

I only went with Sleep EZ 10k due to the lower total price and free layer exchange within 90 days. Flobeds charges no less than $75 per layer.

Km,

I’m not sure what more I can add to my last reply …

If you talk with them on the phone they will confirm this.

Phoenix