Nectar Mattress experience?

Hello all!

After reading on here about support cores and how that seems to be the common theme for the weakest link, I was curious if anyone has had any experience with the Nectar mattress*?

Materials are:

I’m also excited about the 365 night trial and forever guarantee.

Anyone see any issues before I pull the trigger on holiday specials that end tonight?

Thanks!
John

Hi jepurdy,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!:slight_smile:

While the support core certainly needs to be a high-enough density to promote a long and supportive life, I wouldn’t say that these are the “common theme” for the weakest link in a mattress. There are many of the one-size-fits-all mattresses that contain lower density foams in their support cores, but there are also many that use lower density foams in their comfort and transition layers as well. Be sure to look at the mattress as a whole as you’re doing your research.

[quote]has had any experience with the Nectar Mattress*?
NECTAR’s foam layers include “Lush” 1-inch four lb semi-open fast-recovery gel memory foam, a 3-inch 3.5lb memory foam with a medical grade cooling and recovery levels and finally a 2.2lb high density base foam.[/quote]
I’m not personally familiar with Nectar, as they seem to be one of the ever-expanding list of one-size-fits-all mattresses. They do list their specifications, to their credit in their FAQ page. The polyfoam core uses a good density foam, but I would use caution with the 3.5 lb. memory foam on top of the core, as that is lower than I would recommend (see the durability guidelines here). They are a product assembled in the USA of components sourced from different parts of the world.

It can be a very important part of your personal value equation to have some sort of a return/exchange program when purchasing an unknown mattress online that you’re not able to test. Regarding the “forever guarantee” and long mattress warranties, you can read more about that in post #174 here. Knowing about the quality of componentry is much more important that a long warranty, which is often used more as a marketing ploy. Of course no one keeps (nor should) a mattress for a lifetime. I’d be perfectly happy with a five-year warranty if I knew the mattress contained materials that should serve me well for 10-15 years. I personally would put very little value into claims of “lifetime warranty” or “lifetime happiness guarantees”.

I’ll be interested in knowing if you “pulled the trigger” on this item, and your thoughts on it if you did.

Phoenix

Thank you for the well thought out message, very much appreciated!

My wife and I are on the upper end of a normal BMI, so the 3.5lb memory foam is a slight concern. I do think that we are leaning toward trying Nectar mattress unless I can find a local store to gut check latex versus memory foam as the final test. Currently we sleep on a traditional pillow top innerspring mattress so this will be a change.

As we are right around a 30BMI, it seems like Brooklyn Bedding and KISS mattress have the most solid components for our BMIs. Any other suggestions on brands?

Thanks again for this forum and amazing source of information!

John

Hi jepurdy,

You’re most welcome.

I would have the same concern.

I think that you’re referring to the list of simplified choice mattresses. These models you listed would contain materials that would be suitable for your weight range. The BME would be a latex mattress, versus the memory foam feel of the Nectar. The KISS mattress uses latex and HD transition polyfoam, so it would also be a different feel than the Nectar.

If you’re looking for a few different options, you certainly can take a look at the members of the site in post #21 here. Many of them offer high-quality memory foam offerings. In addition to the online members of the site listed in the previous membership link … post #12 here has some of the better online memory foam options if you are looking for a memory foam mattress. The “simplified choice” mattress category is constantly growing, and there are currently over 100 choices in this segment.

If you find anything else that I haven’t listed or referenced, please let me know and I’ll do my best to provide some information on the item for you.

Phoenix

So we went to a mattress store yesterday to try out a variety of latex vs memory foam (Englander latex vs iComfort and a variety of others). Quickly came to the conclusion that latex is preferred. Seems to be a easier transition from a traditional innerspring as is has similar properties and we didn’t care for the sinking in feeling too much of memory foam. Needless to say, we are starting our research from scratch as Nectar is an all memory foam mattress.

Because of this, we are now trying to figure out latex mattresses, or latex/memory foam hybrid. We’ve tried our friends Casper and enjoyed it, so I think as long as we have a latex top we should be fine. Currently Brooklyn Bedding is our front running due to the durability of materials used in construction and reasonable price point…

Just wanted to provide a quick update!

Hi jepurdy,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad you were able to find some local stores and test out your affinity and confirm some of your PPP for memory foam versus latex. You are certainly correct that memory foam mattresses will have a bit more of an “in” feeling, versus latex, which tends to have a bit more of an “on” feeling.

Just as a note to anyone reading this, the Nectar is a memory foam mattress, but it isn’t “all” memory foam (a mattress made entirely of memory foam wouldn’t be practical or supportive enough). I know that you meant is that it isn’t a mix or memory foam and latex on top in the comfort layers.

As you’re probably aware, Brooklyn Bedding is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency.

I appreciate the update!

Phoenix

So we ended up purchasing a Luxi last night. I’ll circle back once we have enough data to give a review.

Thanks for all the help with this forum, it really did help to have data consolidated in one place!

John

Hi jepurdy,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :slight_smile: The Luxi does use some interesting design features and better quality materials. I certainly will look forward to your feedback.

And I’m glad you found the information here on the forum to be useful.

Phoenix

Quick update - receiving the mattress today after a few emails to customer service and questioning shipping timelines. Website specifies that they ship in 3-5 business day, took us 2+weeks. Customer service at Luxi hasn’t been the best. I’ll provide more updates as we get experience with the mattress.

Hi jepurdy,

I’m sorry your mattress is taking a few days longer to arrive than you had hoped. I do see that Luxi states 3-5 days for fabrication, then 1-5 days for FedEx delivery once they receive it. It sounds as if they may be a little behind on production.

I hope you enjoy your new mattress!

Phoenix

I see this topic is old, but was wondering if you ever went with the Nectar mattress. I am having problems finding specific specs for novosbed (specifically ild ratings), so I cant compare the 2. I am looking for soft, and from what I see, novosbed and nectar seem to be neck and neck overall…where nectar using a little less dense memory foam, they use a denser support foam. I am looking for a soft feel, but as you can see from the pic, the nectar goes from a 14 and 15 ild in the top layers to a 45 and 55 ild in the bottom. I dont know how firm that will make the mattress feel, but I am looking for soft. I cannot find those ratings for novosbed, but from reading on these forums, it seems many people find even the soft a bit firm. I also notice that to return a novosbed it seems to be a not particularly easy process as it seems with Nectar Sleep. If youre still around, please let me know. Also, in comparisons I have read, I see that the novosbed sleeps hotter than the nectar. Am also wondering if the nectar sleeps hot for you, assuming you purchased one. Thanks

Sorry, we ended up going with Luxi sleep due to the ability to change the firmness on the fly. We’ve had it for about a year and a half and its been great so far!

Nectar is medium firm. It is not meant to be soft , if it is soft it’s defective.
We have one and I really liked it because I like and need a medium firm.
It’s not hard, it has a plushness on top but if you want soft nectar I s not it.

I have been through a lot of bed in a box and the nectar was the only nice supportive yet comfortable medium firm I found.

Off the top of my head Nest bedding makes some nice soft mattresses and they have showrooms. Christeli had soft not sure what they have now. Quilbed is soft.

I could go on probably lol

Thanks for the response