Need a reasonable mattress on a budget

I’m a student - I need a full ~10" mattress that will serve me well for about 6-7 years. I’m hoping to not spend more than $300 on the mattress (shipping and all) but I also don’t wanna buy something that is crap and wont last past 3 years. (My BMI is 30 if that helps)

I don’t need the most high end thing in the world. I just need something affordable to sleep comfortably on for a few years. I went through a random selection of manufacturing members listed on this site and even with various discounts they are outside of my budget. Since throughout this site and the tutorials/articles it is constantly mentioned that the big companies are overpriced and don’t offer good value compared to small/local manufacturer’s - I was hoping you could point me towards these better valued and not over priced mattresses. (My post code is IL 60637)

Alternatively, I’m currently considering the mattresses below, and was wondering if you have any advice on the quality or durability (in general when this site discusses durability, are we talking 5 years or 20 years?)

These are all continuous innersprings. I only found the Priage to be pocketed and still around $300.
Sleepy’s Relax and Sleepy’s Rest (coil count 396)
Serta Overland (532 continuous coil) (I know you mentioned Serta is not transparent/trustworthy - but has anyone had any experience with it? Will it work for 6 years?)
Priage 10-Inch Full-Size Extra Firm Pocketed Coil Spring Mattress (7.5" icoil)

Lots of Thanks,
N

Hello Nasim,

Realistically I am not sure if you can get a mattress that fits all of these arbitrary requirements, its likely and probable that any of these mattresses you are looking at will perhaps only last half as long as you wish, however that does not mean they would still not be a good value for a student on a budget. Personally I do recommend the pocket coil construction over continuous springs for comfort as well as once the foam breaks down the springs will hopefully not be too harsh on pressure points.

Hi nasim20.

I agree with TMASC that you’d be hard pressed to find a good quality/value and “reasonable” mattress for the price range you are looking at, but there are a few better options that I’m aware of from our Trusted Members who have products close to your $300 budget limit that you might wish to consider. I am not sure if you are located in Canada or USA but at a quick glance here are some better quality/value mattresses (mostly innerspring, memory foam, and/or polyfoam mattresses). While I may have missed some I’ve also added some options worth considering with a $600 upper limit:

Flexus has a number of innerspring mattresses (not all foam and shipping could be extra for some products).
Christeli has one memory foam option
Sedona Sleep (slightly over $300) sells a polyfoam base mattress here
For around $200 Arizona Premium has a 7" of 1.9lb @ 31 ILD polyfoam base here and you can add some plushness with adding a separate topper.
Magic Sleeper has many low budget options mattresses that would fit your budget range.
Nest Bedding has their Love & Sleep Mattress.
Quality Sleep shop also has a good quality low budget lines.
Texas Mattress Makers here as some nice options and you may want to give them a call to see if they ship to your area.
www.addable.com/ also sells low budget memory foam mattress.

Some of the low budget mattress options in Canada (trusted members also) are listed here

[indent] Memory Foam Comfort has a high density foam mattress and cover for under $400 CAD
TMASC (The Mattress & Sleep Company) has Milly Tranquil lineup for lower budget ranges as well, but I am not sure if it comes in full bed size.
Sleep Boutique has their Comfort Rest (in medium or firm) spring mattress that you may wish to have a look at.[/indent]

Some of the mattresses from Ikea (not members of the site) may also be worth considering (see post #3 here ~ and the posts it links to.

Just in case your personal value equation changes and/or you get lucky and have more cash available for this purchase, there are some “simplified choice mattresses” that are also in relatively low budget ranges (from $600 to $1000 queen size) are listed in post #2 of this topic ~that may also be worth considering and…there are also some great quality lower budget latex and latex hybrid options that are listed in posts #3 and #4 here ~ that are in “relatively” lower budget ranges as well (although these are definitely more than your budget).

If you purchase from one of our trusted members don’t forget to ask for The Mattress Underground discount see the (check the coupon codes here) as this may help a bit with the cost.
Best of luck with your selection, and let us know what you decide.

Phoenix

I think you should search for some discount codes before proceeding any orders. I used some coupon codes found at Coupons Plus Deals to buy a Leesa mattress.
You also can find here: $235 Off leesa.com Coupons & Promo Codes, December 2023
Search on Google name of the mattress you want to buy and discount or coupon. Example: Nest Bedding discount, Ned Bedding coupon