Need advice on Restonic Mattresses

Hello, everyone,

I’ve been lurking on this site for a few months, and have found the information on this site extremely helpful. I’m looking for a new queen mattress and have done alot of research online. I liked what I saw about Restonic and found a respectable local store that sells them (I’m in Dallas). The mattress expert at the store was very helpful and knowledgable, listened to my needs and took his time to show me a variety of different Restonic mattresses. The store also had all of their Restonic mattresses displayed on L&P adjustable bases as well, so it was nice to try those too. I’m strongly considering an L&P base so that I can have a much better quality of sleep. I also have a condition called lupus, and from time to time I have flares and my joints and muscles ache, so I think this could be helpful for that too. I’ve narrowed it down to 4 mattresses. The guy at the store gave me his card and told me to call or email him with any questions I have, and I’m now thinking I may need a few more spec details from him. Here are the mattresses and the specs I received:

1. Comfort Care Destiny
    Layers:

[ul]
[li]NASA Endorsed Outlast cover with gel infused high density Polyurethane foam[/li]
[li]Breatheable Air flow spacer[/li]
[li]1" Latex infused with Gel[/li]
[li]2 Layers of Memory Foam infused with gel[/li]
[li]1" Cool Memory Foam[/li]
[li]High coil count foam encased zoned pocketed coil units[/li]
Mattress Price: $1597
Price with L&P base: $2997

1. TempaGel Escape

[ul]
[li]Outlast designer cover[/li]
[li]FR sock[/li]
[li]1" Cool Visco memory foam[/li]
[li]3" Gel infused coll visco memory foam[/li]
[li]Cool Max Ticking (Wiskaway)[/li]
[li]8" High- destiny foam core[/li]
Mattress Price: $1497
Price with L&P base: $3397

1. Bliss Euro Top Plush (all latex; 80% organic, 20% synthetic)

[ul]
[li]Two layers of super soft latex (i think these were 1/2")[/li]
[li]Two layers of medium comfort latex (i think these were 1")[/li]
[li]6" latex support core[/li]
Mattress Price: $2797
Price with L&P base: $4097

1. Bliss Plush (essentially the same as above with just 1layer of super soft latex instead of 2)

[ul]
[li]One layer of super soft latex[/li]
[li]2 layers of medium comfort latex[/li]
[li]6" latex support core[/li]
Mattress Price: $2397
Price with L&P base: $3797

Now I’m trying to evaluate these four mattresses for longevity, durability and value. Does anyone have any thoughts to share? Do these prices seem fair or do we have member manufacturers who would offer better value?

Any perspectives you guys could give would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Hi Sleepytime78,

As you mentioned … most of the mattresses that you listed are missing some of the specs. If you can provide the information listed here then I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials and help you identify whether any of the mattresses have any obvious weak links.

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix. I’ve sent him an email and will update this thread when I have more details.

Hi, Phoenix,

I have heard back from the rep at the furniture store about the mattresses and he did give me some additional info which I’ve placed below:

1. Comfort Care Destiny
    Layers:
    NASA Endorsed Outlast cover with gel infused high density Polyurethane foam
    Breatheable Air flow spacer
    1" Latex infused with Gel
    3’ Gel infused open cell 5lb Memory Foam
    Covered in Outlast with a breathable mesh surrounding the edge
    15ga and 13ga Coils
    Mattress Price: $1597
    Price with L&P base: $2997

2. TempaGel Escape
    4" 5lb open cell , with 3’ gel infused
    6" eco-cell poly core
    Organic cotton cover
    Mattress Price: $1497
    Price with L&P base: $3397

3. Bliss Euro Top Plush (all latex; 80% organic, 20% synthetic)
    10 total inches of talalay latex
    Two layers of super soft latex (i think these were 1/2")
    Two layers of medium comfort latex (i think these were 1")
    6" latex support core
    3" eco-cell poly core
    Organic Cotton Cover
    Mattress Price: $2797
    Price with L&P base: $4097

4. Bliss Plush (essentially the same as above with just 1layer of super soft latex instead of 2)
    9 total inches of talalay latex
    One layer of super soft latex
    2 layers of medium comfort latex
    6" latex support core
    3" eco-cell poly core
    organic cotton cover
    Mattress Price: $2397
    Price with L&P base: $3797

Does this additional information help you to provide some feedback? Thanks for your help!

Hi Sleepytime78,

This is still missing the thickness of the polyfoam used in the quilting layer. If it is 2" or more then I would also want to know the density of the polyfoam as well because it could be a weak link in the mattress (see the guidelines here). There are no lower quality materials in the layers and components you listed but this doesn’t mean that the mattress doesn’t have a weak link because the only way to know this is to make sure that you know the specifics of all the layers so you can confirm that there is no more than “about an inch or so” of unknown or lower quality materials in the mattress.

This is still missing the density of the polyfoam base layer but the 5 lb memory foam is a good quality and durable material (assuming all 4" of the memory foam is 5 lb density and that the mattress is 10" thick so you know there are no missing layers in the description).

This is missing the type of latex (whether the Talalay latex is blended or 100% natural) and the density of the polyfoam in the bottom of the mattress. I would also be aware that there isn’t any 80/20 talalay latex and there is no organic Talalay latex so this seems to be incorrect. Your description also only includes 9" of latex … not 10". If the mattress is 12" thick so you have confirmed that there are no missing layers in the description and you are confident that the specs are correct then there would be no weak links in the mattress because the polyfoam is underneath 9" of latex so it’s too deep to make a meaningful difference in terms of durability although I would still want to know the density of the polyfoam layer on the bottom so you can make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. It is also in a higher budget range than many mattresses that also use 9" of Talalay latex.

Same comments as with the firmer version.

You have most of the specs you need but not all of them and you will still need a few more to make meaningful comparisons between these mattresses.

Once you have all the specs then post #13 here includes more information about the most important parts of a mattress purchase that can also help you compare them.

Phoenix