Need help finding the best Memory Foam mattress for me!

I am a side sleeper and weigh 195. I have laid on a Serta icomfort Savant and liked the feel of it. Also I have laid on a tempurpedic cloud lux and liked the feel. I know I’m looking for a softer feeling King Size memory foam bed.

I have a few questions. First, I have looked at many of the online retailers and noticed some good things being said about the Dreamfoam mattresses sold on amazon. I have also looked at selectafoam.com and have decided against bedinabox after reading through these forums. Is the dreamfoam as good as the slectafoam and some of the other online retailers you have listed? I am on a budget so I’m looking for the best deal I can get without sacrificing comfort. Also I want a protective liquid proof cover for the bed without sacrificing the feel or softness of the memory foam much, any suggestions? Also any suggestions on where to get a good foundation if i buy from a retailer that doesn’t offer them?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi nblount,

The first place I would start is post #1 here (also linked after my signature in each post I make).

Dreamfoam (Brooklyn Bedding) is one of the members here which means I think very highly of them and they are among the best quality/value in the country.

Once you have narrowed down your choices to comparisons between “good and good” … then it’s no longer a matter of better and worse anymore but a matter of personal preferences and which one best fits your personal value equation. In other words only each person can decide for themselves which one is best for them based on the tradeoffs and differences between different merchants, mattresses, and options that are most important to them.

Post #89 here talks about the different types of mattress protectors and the pros and cons of each type.

The foundation thread here should help :slight_smile:

Phoenix