Need help finding the right mattress for heavy person

Just thought i would update in case you were curious. My wife finally said she couldn’t take the mattress anymore, (The Brooklyn Bedding #bestmattress ever Latex King size soft) She was more frequently complaining that she was unable to fall asleep or stay asleep because of back pain and general body pain. She continues to talk about how the mattress is very sinky but doesn’t “feel soft”. I too have not really been enjoying the sink, i kinda liked the medium BB mattress better.

With limited budget we ordered the Madison Euro Top from Denver Mattress. It doesn’t meet the guidelines for minimum material density, but she loves the floor model, and i guess like with our other less expensive bed my side will sink deep after a few years and her side will still be perfect.

The Madison Euro top specs are here, i just hope it lasts at least 5 years with my 300+lb body. I guess all the hours of research at least got me a decent foundation and frame.

Construction -

Mattress Height:13"

Quilt Layers:
Double Knit Ticking
1 1/2" of 1.8lb Density Convoluted EF Foam
1" EF Foam
Natural Rayon Fire Barrier
Comfort Layers:
2 3/8" of 1.8lb Density EF Foam
1 Flex-Net Insulator
Support System:
Coil Density: 567* Individually Wrapped, Foam Encased Coils (Queen size coil count shown)
15 Gauge Tempered Steel

Hi 901-Memphis,

Thanks for the update.

I’m sorry to hear that your soft BME didn’t work out as well for you wife as you hoped it would and she certainly seems to prefer much softer mattresses than most people.

I hope that the Madison Eurotop works out better for her although as you mentioned it would be a more risky choice for you both in terms of durability and PPP.

I’m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix