Need Help! Good deal on pure latex bliss - Nature - or maybe not?

After discovering latex mattresses about 2 weeks ago, i have been on the quest to find what i want in a mattress. After scouring the web to find a local retailer on Long Island (NY) i finally found a retailer at which i could actually lay on a bed. I had read a lot about what to look out for, and came to a reasonable expectation about what i would like based on reviews. I had a feeling iā€™d want 100% talalay latex or at the very least a talalay comfort layer on top with dunlop as support layer. My girlfrend and i prefer a firm mattress.

When we went to the store we tried most of the range of the Pure Latex Bliss lineup. We tried the Nature, Nutrition, and Beatiful. We liked the nature most, but i could also appreciate the nutrition, however felt most comfortable on the nutrition. I figured worst case we could get a topper (which we tried) if we wanted something softer, as opposed to being stuck with a bed that canā€™t be made firmer. we tried a bunch of other mattresses in the store, natura, a few others but we ultimately decided on the nature bed.

We discussed price on the mattress which supposedly starts at 3500, but of course its on ā€œsaleā€ at 2600 for the mattress and platform set. I told the salesman that was too much for me to rationalize spending on a bed and he asked what my budget was and i told him 2,000. He asked if i needed the platform or not, and i said no because i figured i could just put the mattress on a platform bed and save some money on the base/platform/base layer. he came back to me with a price of 1,999 for JUST the mattress, plus 90 delivery charge and tax, so approximately 2270 out the door. I felt like i had got a pretty good deal and was happy with it so i decided to make the purchase. The salesman said i had until the next day to decide if i want to cancel the order. I gave them my card and all was well and good. However, as i signed the paperwork i asked what their return policy was and he said they do not accept returns.

Being that i had until the next day (today) to cancel i gave it some thought and decided i did not really feel comfortable purchasing a mattress from a retailer that does not accept returns. It was my assumption that no returns meant no exchanges as well so i immediately started searching the web for alternatives to purchase this mattress or an alternative (sleep ez 10000 possibly). Additionally i found MULTIPLE threads on here with members claiming to have paid under 2000 for full sets of ā€˜worlds best bedā€™ and ā€˜beautifulā€™ sets in queen and king, and another instance in which someone paid 3,000 out hte door for a full set (mattress, platform, bed, plillows) of worlds best bed in a california king. I realized may be the deal i thought i got wasnā€™t such a great deal after all.I called first thing this morning to cancel the order and spoke with the general manager, who seemed surprised by the price i had paid. He asked why the salesman charged me 1999 for a PLB nature and made it seem as though it was some sort of incredible deal that managed to slip through the cracks and he was more than willing to cancel the transaction.

He asked why i wanted to cancel and i told him that it was because they had no return policy. He explained that they do accept exchanges (with a 200 dollar restocking fee), but i told him i am still not comfortable with purchasing a mattress with no return policy. He took down the information he needed from me and told me he would void the transaction. 3 hours later i get a call asking me to come by the store because they cannot void the transaction without swiping my card. I told him i will come to the store tomorrow (8/25/2014) to cancel the transaction.

So that is where i stand now and this is what i am starting to wonder.

1. is the 2,000 price for a PLB Nature in a queen with NO accessories a good deal? After browsing this forum iā€™m starting to think that 2,000 for a PLB Nature mattress only Queen is NOT a particularly good deal but i would love some confirmation on this.
  2. Is an exchange only return policy with a 200 dollar restocking fee an acceptable ā€˜return policyā€™ in the industry?
  3. is the manager just trying to get me back into the store so he can cut me some sort of deal on the queen set, possibly giving me a lower price or throwing in some extras? Even if he does should i still be weary of the ā€˜no returns, exchange onlyā€™ policy?
  4. Now that i know what i want in a bed in terms of feel, am i better off just ordering online from someplace like sleep EZ?
  5. Should i just give up on PLB and look into Sleep EZ, or try to get a better deal on PLB Nature from a more flexible retailer (return policy, pricing)?
  6. is hoping that 2,000 dollars can purchase a full queen set (mattress, base) of a PLB Nature type mattress in talalay latex that unrealistic?

At this point, i would be more than happy to purchase a PLB Nature from a retailer with an actual return policy (assuming the price is right). Or Perhaps would i be better off exploring Sleep EZ (feel free to mention others) for a less expensive alternative?

Sorry for the long post. I have spent hours and days reading about mattresses and this is actually quite stressful. I would like to make a purchase soon and begin enjoying a good nights sleep on a latex mattress.
I greatly appreciate any and all advice.

If it makes any difference i am 5ā€™4" 160lb, 26y/o, healthy no joint pain. Stomach sleeper mostly but sometimes side sleeper as well.

Hi Jeffblue,

Itā€™s probably a good idea to avoid the PLB foundation anyway because IMO they arenā€™t the best choice for one of the PLB mattresses and there are many retailers that donā€™t sell them with their PLB mattresses (see my comments in post #44 here and the posts and pictures it links to).

There are many factors involved in assessing the ā€œvalueā€ of a mattress purchase besides just the commodity cost based on the price per inch of latex or the cost per pound or yard of fabric. It also depends on how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences), and on how it compares to other mattresses you are considering or that are available to you in terms of the type and quality of the materials and the risks involved in a mattress purchase. There is more about this in post #13 here. The price you are being quoted is a fair price for a latex mattress with 10" of blended Talalay latex and a good quality cover but may not be in the ā€œbestā€ value range for some people if you only look at the ā€œcommodityā€ value of a mattress.

PLB is also going through a chapter 11 bankruptcy (see this topic and this topic and this topic) which has led to some retailers having delays in their deliveries and some retailers may want to replace them with something else on their showroom floor so there may be more dealers that are willing to sell them for lower prices in spite of the fact that they are high quality mattresses. PLB has MAP pricing (minimum advertised pricing) so the only way to make an exact ā€œvalueā€ comparison would be by comparing the mattress you are buying with the same mattress sold by a different retailer and talking to them on the phone about the price they would charge (websites will have MAP pricing). Post #32 here includes some of the online PLB retailers that will ship across the country that you can use to compare the prices you would be paying for the Nature. Once you are comparing a different mattress to the PLB then any comparisons would become much more subjective and based on all the criteria that are most important to you outside of just price because even if they have the same amount of latex and a similar type and quality of cover they may feel completely different and may include different options both before and after a purchase that would also be factored into their prices.

The cost of exchange and return policies are built into the cost of a mattress as a ā€œhiddenā€ cost so this would be a matter of your own preferences because the people who donā€™t return or exchange a mattress are paying for the ones that do (see post #3 here and the posts it links to). If you are completely confident in your testing that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP and you are one of the majority that donā€™t need to exchange or return a mattress then an exchange or return policy would be an added cost that you would end up paying for no reason. If you are one of the minority that doesnā€™t make the best choice the first time ā€¦ then the additional costs of dealing with a store that has a return or exchange policy may be worth it. In other words ā€¦ it all depends on how confident you are that the mattress you are choosing will be suitable for you in terms of PPP. In the mainstream industry exchange policies are much more common but can also be a profit center because in many cases the exchange will be for a higher priced mattress where you pay the difference in cost and sometimes other costs as well. In some cases if there are no other mattresses in the store that would be suitable for you or that you would want to purchase you may end up with a credit that has little value to you. Return/refund policies are much less common in the mainstream industry but they are more common with online purchases because of the additional risk involved in buying a mattress that you canā€™t test ahead of time. There is no right or wrong or ā€œacceptable or unacceptableā€ here ā€¦ only tradeoffs that each person can asses for themselves that can make a purchase more or less risky for you based on your own confidence and ā€œrisk toleranceā€ and in combination with the tradeoff of higher prices than you would otherwise be paying.

This I canā€™t know and the only way to find out will be based on your own experience.

While the quality of the materials would be the same (assuming you are considering a SleepEz mattress that also uses blended Talalay), this would depend entirely on which purchase was most ā€œvaluableā€ to you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you. Only you can decide this. SleepEZ is one of the members here and they compete well with the best in the country but only you can decide on which mattress is the best value for you. You would be buying a different mattress with a different design that would have a different type of feel and performance in terms of PPP but you would also have many options after your purchase to fine tune the mattress by either rearranging or exchanging layers and you would also have a the ā€œsecurityā€ of a return policy that has a very low cost involved. On a cost per inch of latex basis and if you factor in the higher cost of a quilted wool cover it would be a better ā€œcommodity valueā€ but this would only be important if it was just as suitable for you (or possibly even more suitable in one of its configurations) as the Nature in terms of PPP.

If it was me I would try to find the best price (or actually the best ā€œvalueā€ taking into account the return and exchange policies as well) for the Nature that is available to you and then make a final choice see post #2 here between that and SleepEZ based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

I donā€™t know the current ā€œbest priceā€ for a Nature across the country but if you take off about $300 from your budget for a good quality foundation then finding a queen size Nature for $1700 may be possible depending on how badly a retailer wants to sell them or you may be able to find a floor model for even less but you are looking at a cost that would be more difficult to find if you can find it at all.

Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for someone else to make suggestions about which mattress is best for you based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or ā€œtheory at a distanceā€ so choosing a mattress that is the best ā€œmatchā€ for you in terms of PPP is the part of your research that only you can decide (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix

Thanks so much Phoenix! That was enlightening, especially since i had no idea about the bankruptcy issues with PLB, now the 2-3 week delivery estimate also makes sense. Perhaps that can be a good negotiation point if i can find a retailer trying to close out of them. Also itā€™s good to know that iā€™m better off trying to shave the price down and purchase a better platform than try to get them to throw in the PLB one.

i am going to make some phone calls tomorrow and contact Sleep EZ. the only other local choice i was considering but have not yet explored is dixie foam. I cannot seem to find much information on what type of latex they use in the tri zoned mattress (dunlop vs talalay vs blended talalay). There is definitely value in being able to lay on a bed and know that it is exactly what you are going to receive, but with latex it seems that is easier said than done due to finding local retailers.

Hi Jeffblue,

As far as I know ā€¦ their 6" core is blended Dunlop made by Latexco and their toppers are blended Talalay made by Latex International but they would be a better source of more specific information than I am. (NOTE ADDED: They are now a member of this site as well)

Phoenix

Jeffblue,
We paid $2100. for a PLB queen Nature mattress from an online retailer last year, free delivery, no sales tax; but no comfort exchange. We did try it out locally before deciding on this model. Since then PLB has raised their prices. So $2000. for the mattress is a good price. Depending on how far they have to deliver, the $90. delivery fee seems a bit high. As Phoenix has already stated, DO NOT get the matching PLB foundation. We did and regret it. IMO, it does not give this mattress adequate support.

Good luck with whatever mattress you decide to purchase.

BobP

Thanks BobP. Which retailer did you purchase your PLB from? Also, how have you been liking it? Are you completely satisfied or do you wish you had gone another route and if so which? Yes the 90 dollar delivery does seem high imo.

We purchased our PLB mattress from The Mattress Expert but his prices have increased substantially.

Last year Comfort Gallery Mattress price for a PLB queen nature was $2100., now itā€™s $2670.

Give Mattress to Go a call or email them for a quote. They ship nationally and are also a MU member so ask about the 5% forum member discount.

I agree with Matress to Goā€™s plushness ratings, 1-10 (hard to soft). They rate the Nature a 7. My wife and I tried out PLBā€™s Pamper, Nature, Nutrition, and Beautiful models. We both agreed that the Nutrition and Beautiful were too soft, the Pamper too firm, and decided on the Nature because it is a medium firm and the price. After we tried it out at home for a few days I thought it was perfect but my wife, who has an artificial hip, found it a tad too firm. We are both side sleepers.

For $2100. delivered we would purchase the PLB Nature queen mattress again, but as previously stated not the PLB foundation.

Update: I spoke with Shawn at sleep EZ and he was very helpful and informative and i am strongly leaning towards purchasing one of sleep EZ 10000 natural mattresses in a queen with talalay blended layers in a Soft-Soft/Medium-Medium/Firm-Firm configuration. (split layers so if i want to change my side around to be slightly firmer arrangement i can maintain the softness on my girlfriendā€™s side)i mentioned that i usually fall asleep on my side and wake up on my stomach and he told me that was likely due to becoming uncomfortable on my side due to pressure points and rolling onto my stomach to relieve them, which makes sense, but i never had thought about it that way. I feel more comfortable with their return policy and the ability to switch the layers around and exchange them if necessary as opposed to just being stuck with a mattress. Additionally after thinking about what Shawn said i gave more consideration to the fact that i may not actually be a stomach sleeper, and i did not really spend THAT much time on the nature while on my side. From what i read here on the forum it is difficult to truly experience how a mattress feels while laying on it in the store as opposed to sleeping on it in your own home.

Today i went to the store to cancel the mattress. The salesman asked me if i had received the ā€˜rebateā€™ in my email. I had not. He told me that they just received word this morning at 9am from PLB that are offering a 300 dollar rebate on the mattress so basically 1700 + tax/delivery. Iā€™m assuming there wasnā€™t really a rebate and they were just trying to cut me a better deal on the mattress in order to not lose the sale, but nonetheless this seems like a very good deal for the PLB nature. However, considering that with Sleep EZā€™s labor day sale and forum discount the Sleep EZ 10000 nature in a queen with the 8.5 base and free pillows comes out to ~1840 Shipped. So yes the PLB Nature is a good deal for THAT mattress but still in terms of actual value the mattress at 1700+175 tax + 90 dollar delivery comes out to 1936 for JUST a mattress. and yes it is the active fusion model.

When i was conversing with the salesmen he was trying to dissuade me from cancelling. I mentioned the chapter 11, he said that they were merely restructuring and they had basically finished the restructuring and the company would be better than ever. He asked what i was intending to purchase instead of the PLB and i told him about sleep EZ and the price. He said it must be dunlop. I told him it was talalay. He said it must not be natural then. (arenā€™t the both the PLB Nature and the Sleep EZ Natural both use talalay blends which are also called ā€˜naturalā€™ talalay instead of 100% natural talalay?) I did end up cancelling the order, but considering how desperate they were to get me not to, iā€™m pretty sure i would have no issues getting this deal if i changed my mind. Iā€™m not a good negotiator, but i guess being willing to walk gives you the high ground in negotiating, not that this was my intention.

so basically iā€™m now weighing the following and favoring the first more than the second.

1. Purchase the aforementioned SLEEP EZ 10" NATURAL LATEX MATTRESS in a Queen S-S/M-M/F-F for $1,838 delivered WITH a foundation and pillows. This gives me the ability to fine tune the bed to my liking, easily exchange layers, and the opportunity for a full refund less 90 dollars if for some reason i am completely dissatisfied. this would be a mattress iā€™ve never laid on obviously but i presume i would find comfortable based on what i laid on at the store and what i liked in the PLB lineup. Mattress would ship out in 48 hours
  2. Go back to the store and take them at the $1700 price for the PLB Nature which is supposedly a very good deal. This would be a mattress i have laid on and do like, but possibly did not dedicate enough time to laying on my side in the store. Mattress would arrive in 2-3 weeks (or maybe not at all with all the fires and bankruptcy?)

We purchased our PLB mattress from The Mattress Expert but his prices have increased substantially.

Last year Comfort Gallery Mattress price for a PLB queen nature was $2100., now itā€™s $2670.

Give Mattress to Go a call or email them for a quote. They ship nationally and are also a MU member so ask about the 5% forum member discount.

I agree with Matress to Goā€™s plushness ratings, 1-10 (hard to soft). They rate the Nature a 7. My wife and I tried out PLBā€™s Pamper, Nature, Nutrition, and Beautiful models. We both agreed that the Nutrition and Beautiful were too soft, the Pamper too firm, and decided on the Nature because it is a medium firm and the price. After we tried it out at home for a few days I thought it was perfect but my wife, who has an artificial hip, found it a tad too firm. We are both side sleepers.

For $2100. delivered we would purchase the PLB Nature queen mattress again, but as previously stated not the PLB foundation.[/quote]

Thanks bobp I guess the deal they are presenting me with is legitimately a pretty good deal on the mattress

Hi Jeffblue,

Yes ā€¦ they are both blended Talalay latex :slight_smile:

Without realizing it you came across the most effective negotiating method which is finding a mattress that uses the same materials at a lower cost and being willing to walk away from a position of ā€œstrengthā€ (see post #6 here about negotiating).

I think you have a good handle on the pros and cons of each so that you are in a good position to make a final choice (see post #2 here) between ā€œgood and goodā€ based on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Neither one would be a ā€œmistakeā€ IMO and either way you would be making a better choice than more than 90% of consumers that end up making a ā€œblindā€ purchase of a mainstream mattress.

Phoenix

JeffBlue, I am basically in the same exact situation as you without the good price offer! I was quoted at $2999 for the Nature, but in King Size. Delivery was quoted at $99 - so approx $3100 total for just the mattress. I think I might have seen you in the parking lot leaving!

Almost pulled the trigger on Sleep EZ tonight, but just wanted to check with my wife about layers. So difficult without laying on, but using the Bliss Nature as an example and knowing that an exchange is $30, figuring I will go with the Sleep EZ mattress. How do members get the 5% discount from Sleep EZ? What are you going to do?

So glad to find this incredibly helpful information from Phoenix on this amazing site!

Hi Brown Dog,

Just let them know you are a member of the forum and as long as there isnā€™t a special sale that is more than the MUG discount then they will send you a cheque for the discount.

Phoenix

Well his efforts might have been more successful if not for the valuable information you have provided on this forum. He actually used the ā€˜youā€™re saving 50% off the 3600 regular priceā€™ on me, but I knew better thanks to your posts about mattress industry pricing and fake sales.

Anyway as an update I placed an order with sleep ez today for a natural 10000 s/m/f split layer setup and I feel very good about my purchase. Came to 1840 after the forum discount (which comes in the form of a check and is not deducted from your total which is finewith me, more rewards points lol) for the mattress and foundation in queen with the free pillows. I am very excited to get the bed. Iā€™ve started to realize that the reason that Iā€™ve been having so much trouble getting out of bed in the morning is because Iā€™m constantly waking up to change positions on my current sterns and foster inner spring

I am about to order this bed from west elm: west elm modern bed It has a lot of room for storage underneath which is helpful since my bedroom is relatively small. I stil need to pick out a mattress pad as well

I really appreciate all the help you and the other members have provided as it basically saved me from making an ill informed purchase.

[quote=ā€œBrown Dogā€ post=41722]JeffBlue, I am basically in the same exact situation as you without the good price offer! I was quoted at $2999 for the Nature, but in King Size. Delivery was quoted at $99 - so approx $3100 total for just the mattress. I think I might have seen you in the parking lot leaving!

Almost pulled the trigger on Sleep EZ tonight, but just wanted to check with my wife about layers. So difficult without laying on, but using the Bliss Nature as an example and knowing that an exchange is $30, figuring I will go with the Sleep EZ mattress. How do members get the 5% discount from Sleep EZ? What are you going to do?

So glad to find this incredibly helpful information from Phoenix on this amazing site!
[/quote]

Lol Were you at sleepwrks ny in Massapequa? I would definitely go with the sleep ez if I were you (as mentioned above I just pulled the trigger on a sleep ez as well) Itā€™s such a great value and the customer service so far is outstanding. Give Shawn a call if you have any questions. The PLB is very nice but itā€™s not flexible, the return policy (at this store at least) is not satisfactory, and the the price/value just isnā€™t even close to the sleep ez.

Hi Jeffblue,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you know I think you made a great choice and there is great flexibility built in to the layering combinations and/or exchange option as well if you need to do any fine tuning.

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you receive it.

Post #89 here has information about the pros and cons of the different types of mattress protectors that may be helpful.

Phoenix

So funny - small world! Yes same location on Sunday. Wasnā€™t going to mention retailer, but oh well- they should realize we are in a different era of communication and business. I spoke to Jody at Sleep EZ and she was courteous and helpful, but everyone on this forum seems to mention Shawn as the expert. Planning on ordering today - almost same as you, but trying to decide on soft vs. medium for the top layer. My wife wants a firmer mattress than our horrible Mirralux, so it would be great to get it right the first time. Sleep EZ recommended your configuration for our weight/height and being primarily side sleepers, but Iā€™m unsure about how soft is SOFT? If we order S-M-F I guess we can swap the medium and soft layers for a little more give (Input? Phoenix?) and keep the Firm at the bottom. My wife seems to think Med-Med_Firm for her, but ā€¦IDK. Also, did you get Labor Day price + MU 5% discount check?
Iā€™ll check back before I call later!
Arizona isnā€™t open yet for business! Ha Ha. I still canā€™t believe out of the whole internet I ended up leading a parallel existence with a MU Blogging stranger! Any feedback appreciated and good luck with the purchase!

Hi Brown Dog,

This is very subjective and also depends on body type, sleeping style, and individual sensitivities so each person can have a very different idea of what ā€œsoftā€ feels like to them. There are also different ā€œtypesā€ of softness and firmness that different people are more or less sensitive to (see post #15 here). There are also no consistent firmness ratings in the industry between different manufacturers so in the end soft is whatever feels soft for any particular person regardless of how it feels for anyone else :slight_smile:

When you canā€™t test a mattress in person then the best approach for your initial configuration or ā€œstarting pointā€ is a more detailed conversation with SleepEZ who can help ā€œtalk you throughā€ your options and will know more about ā€œmatchingā€ the options they have to different people based on ā€œaveragesā€ than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Phoenix

Thanks! iā€™m about to delve into that page and see what is the best for my needs. I will definitely be posting my review/experience along the way.

[quote=ā€œBrown Dogā€ post=41745]So funny - small world! Yes same location on Sunday. Wasnā€™t going to mention retailer, but oh well- they should realize we are in a different era of communication and business. I spoke to Jody at Sleep EZ and she was courteous and helpful, but everyone on this forum seems to mention Shawn as the expert. Planning on ordering today - almost same as you, but trying to decide on soft vs. medium for the top layer. My wife wants a firmer mattress than our horrible Mirralux, so it would be great to get it right the first time. Sleep EZ recommended your configuration for our weight/height and being primarily side sleepers, but Iā€™m unsure about how soft is SOFT? If we order S-M-F I guess we can swap the medium and soft layers for a little more give (Input? Phoenix?) and keep the Firm at the bottom. My wife seems to think Med-Med_Firm for her, but ā€¦IDK. Also, did you get Labor Day price + MU 5% discount check?
Iā€™ll check back before I call later!
Arizona isnā€™t open yet for business! Ha Ha. I still canā€™t believe out of the whole internet I ended up leading a parallel existence with a MU Blogging stranger! Any feedback appreciated and good luck with the purchase!
[/quote]

haha wow small world. I actually first tried to call and cancel my order that morning. Interesting how they were trying to cut me a deal just to not lose the sale while still being happy to charge you top dollar for the same mattress. the sales staff there was very polite and courteous, and i would have been happy to purchase a bed there if the price/value was right. Ultimately though, no refund policy is a deal breaker for me. Then realizing the flexibility i could have with the sleep EZ, it was a done deal, especially considering that the bed is much less expensive with sleep ez for the same type of materials as a PLB. Same materials, better return policy/exchange policy, flexibility, better price = done deal for me. at the end of the day if i can pay ~$1500 for 10" of blended talalay latex, why should i pay $3,000?

I do like a firm bed as well and iā€™m slightly concerned about the firmness but now that i have more of an understanding about how the layering works, i think that if for some reason i am not satisfied with the S/M/F i would likely be content with either the M/S/F or the S/F/M layout. However, Shawn insists that due to my relatively light bodyweight 5ā€™4" 160lb the Soft top layer with the medium support below it should still be supportive enough even for stomach sleeping. However, iā€™ve started to realize i really do prefer sleeping on my side, its just that i canā€™t comfortably/consistently do so on my current bed. My girlfriend will definitely like the S/M/F so iā€™m glad iā€™m getting the split since i will probably play around with my setup and still keep her setup the same.

Yes i got the 5% labor day discount included in the price which is automatically deducted on the site before you even pay. The additional 5/% MU discount is sent via check.

Let us know what you end up doing. Also, regarding your choice between MMF and SMF, keep in mind if you do get all split layers (as you probably realized you should by now) if you really want to experiment, you could take your wifeā€™s medium layer (although she might not be happy about that) and see how it feels to have two mediums over a firm before even needing to have a swap sent to you.

HELLO, TWO YEARS AGO I PURCHASED A DREAMFOAM ULTIMATE DREAMS, LEVEL 6, MATTRESS THROUGH AMAZON. AS MUCH AS I WANTED TO, I HONESTLY NEVER LOVED IT, FOR SEVERAL REASONS. I FOUND IT TO SLEEP ā€œHOT.ā€ WHEN I SLEEP ON MY SIDE, IT CAUSES HIP PAIN. WHEN I SPEEP ON MY BACK, I OFTEN WAKE UP WITH A MILD BACK ACHE. I AM ALSO GOING THRU MENOPAUSE (HOT FLASHES AND NIGHT SWEATS) AND HAVENā€™T HAD A REALLY GOOD SLEEP IN A LONG TIME. I BOUGHT AN OUTLAST TOPPER WHICH HELPED SOMEWHAT BUT AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF IT BECAME LESS AND LESS EFFECTIVE. SO, NOW I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW LATEX BED. THE 2 BEDS I AM CONSIDERING ARE THE PURE LATEX BLISS NATURE MODEL AND THE SAMā€™S CLUB ORGANIC AMERICAN SLEEP MATTRESS. THE REASON I AM DRAWN TO THE SAMā€™S CLUB BED IS BECAUSE OF THE RETURN POLICY, AND THAT ITā€™S DUNLOP LATEX. (MY CHILDHOOD BED WAS A WONDERFUL DUNLOP LATEX FOAM BED.) ON THE OTHER HAND, THERE IS A LOCAL STORE THAT IS SELLING THE NATURE MODEL OF PLB AT A VERY GOOD PRICE AND I HAVE LAID ON IT AND FOUND IT COMFORTABLE. HOWEVER, HOW MUCH CAN ONE REALLY TELL IN 15 OR 20 MINUTES IN A STORE ENVIRONMENT? THIS STORE ALSO HAD 2 OTHER PLB MODELS, BOTH OF WHICH I FOUND TOO SOFT. I AM A LITTLE SCARED TO BUY THE PURE LATEX BLISS BED BECAUSE IF I DONā€™T LIKE IT, THE EXCHANGE FEE IS $150 AND I WOULD BE STUCK HAVING TO BUY A COIL MATTRESS. I HAVE ALSO CONSIDERED BUYING A SOFT SIDED WATERBED. I AM 55 YEARS OLD, BUILT PROPORTIONATELY, AND WEIGH APPROX 135. PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINION. I AM LONGING FOR A GREAT NIGHTā€™S SLEEP.