Need Help! Good deal on pure latex bliss - Nature - or maybe not?

Hi rcseisland,

The lower back pain would generally indicate that there was too much thickness/softness in the upper layers of your sleeping system (the topper in combination with the softer comfort layers in your mattress). The other issues could be a residual from your previous experience or could also be from comfort layers that are too thick/soft or possibly a pillow issue as well.

Any base that has very little to no flex would feel the same as another base under your mattress (or the floor) which also has very little to no flex.

The design of the Nature is too different from the Beautiful to be able to match one to the other with a topper but the closest “approximation” would probably be to add a 2" - 3" Talalay latex topper in either 14 ILD (for blended Talalay) or 15 ILD (for Talalay GL fast response). A link to a list of the better sources for latex toppers that I’m aware of are in the topper guidelines I linked in my last reply but I would make sure you talk with KTT since they can supply any of the latex made by Latex International and have some very good prices.

Post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to has more information about choosing an adjustable bed but if the Sleep Science has the features that you want and is less than other adjustable beds with the same or very similar features in the same size then it would certainly be worth considering and the price seems to be very reasonable to me.

Phoenix