Need Help Picking Mattress

I am interested in the ‘Ultimate Hybrid- Pocket Coil/Latex: Queen Ultimate Hybrid Pocket Coil Latex Mattress’, from Ken at Arizona Premium Mattress.
I am a back sleeper 99% of the time and weigh 175-190.
From the research I’ve done I was leaning towards the medium firm all natural talalay. Do you think this would be a good fit for me? Thanks.

Hi Zzz7.

We are unable to make the choice for you, as only you can feel what you feel on a mattress; people with different body types, sleeping positions, or preferences can make very different mattress comfort choices from each other. So you’d first need to do some narrowing down based on your preference of materials, needs, and the other parts of your Mattress buying personal value equation and things that are most important to you.

It sounds like you’ve done some of this already in identifying the Ultimate Hybrid.

Ken at Arizona Premium is your best resource as far as questions as the mattress pertains to your BMI and sleeping profile. He will be able to help you evaluate whether this mattress is a good fit. You can reach him directly through his site or we can connect you with him on the forum, if you’d prefer!

NikkiTMU

I didn’t ask anybody to make the decision for me. I asked if that specific mattress would be a good fit for my specific body size, weight, and sleeping position.

I’ve already attempted to contact Ken for over a week now and the majority of my questions are left unanswered or it takes several days to get one response. That is why I’m here.

HI Zzz7,

It seems that your conversation came to some sort of halt so I am picking it up from here.

[QUOTE].I am interested in the ‘Ultimate Hybrid- Pocket Coil/Latex: Queen Ultimate Hybrid Pocket Coil Latex Mattress’, from Ken at Arizona Premium Mattress.
I am a back sleeper 99% of the time and weigh 175-190.
From the research I’ve done I was leaning towards the medium firm all natural talalay. Do you think this would be a good fit for me? [/QUOTE]
As you are a “back sleeper 99%” It is true that you’d need something more in the medium-firm range. There are however other interrelated variables involved. You did not mention your height or BMI range that helps with selecting the comfort choice along with several other factors.

(12") Ultimate Hybrid pocket coil mattress with a base of 8" the pocket coil and the 3" topper Firm #30-34 ILD (or Medium #25-29 ILD) inside the bamboo/wool zip cover. The Talalay topper comes in medium and firm (not medium-firm) but generally, Talalay feels a little softer than Dunlop in the same ILD, so it would boil down to your preferences. (Many back sleepers still prefer a medium comfort choice depending on the other variables involved. ) The coil unit zoned 3 wire gauges in the QE Combi-Zone® is better for back sleepers. It has 16g narrow diameter perimeter coils. 17g narrow diameter coils through center 1/3(firmer) and 14g larger diameter coils on both sides of center 1/3.

Theoretically, you can do quite well with this setup, It’s hard to say for sure as only you can feel what you feel on any given mattress and your needs and preferences are unique to you. We can certainly help with connecting the dots if you add more information to your profile but in terms of a “good fit” balance between comfort/pressure relief and support/alignment that may be suitable for you it is impossible to say for sure and it is always up to the only person and best left to personal testing and their own experiences or … if testing is not possible… I’d follow up on your attempt to have a more detailed discussion with the retailer or manufacturer that sells the mattress you are considering.

I had a long conversation with Ken at Arizona Premium last week and while his business is thriving, he is making great efforts of balancing all business needs. He is often running between the production line and needs to step in for a thinned-out workforce, ordering supplies, quality controls, and answering consumer inquiries … all of which may be the reason you haven’t heard from him as fast as he usually responds. Sometimes business tasks that go on the back burner for a while tend to slip through the cracks, so I’d make sure to approach Arizona again and be understanding during these challenging times

Phoenix

I’m not sure what my BMI is, maybe around 20-25. I am 5’10". I do not have the ability to test out anything in person. My main concern is ordering the mattress from Ken and then having to pay return shipping and wait several weeks for an exchange if I end up not satisfied with my firmness choice. When I said a medium firm I meant the medium firmness level, not the firm firmness level, if that makes any sense. The medium and the firm are the two ILDs I am debating between.