Need help with Canadian Retailers

Hi Mattress,

I don’t know the specifics of the cover but an Aloe Vera cover would usually be a type of viscose fabric (like bamboo) which would be breathable and good with moisture wicking as well so it would probably be a very suitable choice. In some cases there are claims that a cover has been “treated” with Aloe Vera and if this is the case I wouldn’t buy into the story that somehow the Aloe Vera in a mattress cover will help the skin while you sleep (I doubt it would) but if it’s a viscose cover then it would be a good choice.

No … the bottom layer would be flat on the floor and would be compressing less and more evenly (not just in some spots and not in others like it would if the soft layer is on top) and the upper layers would absorb and spread out most of the pressure so the weight will be spread more evenly over the entire surface. In other words … the layer on the bottom will be “resting” and will be fine in terms of durability (see post #5 here).

You have different firmness levels in the comfort and support layers though on each side (unlike a more traditional 2 sided mattress which is the same on both sides) so turning it over would give you a firmer comfort layer and sleeping surface and would be less supportive in the deeper layers which may not work as well for you in terms of PPP. What it really does is gives you the choice of two firmness levels but it’s likely that you would only use one of them most of the time.

Thanks for the feedback … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It sounds to me like you did very well.

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Absolutely, I hope it works out, but spending a $1000 is a whole lot better than some of the quotes I was getting ranging from $2000-$3500. So I will test it out and update the readers that shop in the Toronto area hopefully to assist in anyway, as you have for myself .

Thanks again.

Hi Phoenix, I was wondering do you run any other knowledge based sites, and if not, can you get into hardwood flooring;next item I have to purchase:)

Thanks.

Hi Mattress,

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to run any other similar sites (this one takes up almost all of my waking hours) and my knowledge of hardwood flooring is very limited. I think my family may have something to say as well if I was to take on another project as time consuming as this one (or they would question my sanity) :slight_smile:

I did a google search for “hardwood flooring forum” though and there does seem to be a few that appear to be more knowledge based (I haven’t read them but I did a quick scan of the topic titles).

Phoenix

Thank your family for me, and I am sure many of your readers are thankful too for your time, it truly is an empowering knowledge filled site. I have never frequented a site that provides such quick and helpful feedback. Thank you for the additional info.

Hi Mattress,

I will … and I thank them every day for their support :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words!

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix it has been about six months and no problem with the mattress this company is not quick to address concerns related to non mattress issues , but their pricing was unbeatable and the mattress has been great and so has the bed that I bought from them.

I thank you for being there when I was needing info.I have since passed on your site to other people.

Hi Mattress,

Thanks for taking the time to share a 6 month update … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

It’s great to hear that everything worked out so well.

Phoenix

Thanks again, I will likely be buying another mattress and hopefully it too will be a great buy.