Need help.. yet another mattress is hurting me.

Hello,
So I actually posted as ThePrincessAndTheGrainOfSand, about a month ago (can’t seem to find out how to get back in that account, maybe I’m just too sleepy) Anyway I posted about a new “chemical free/organic” latex mattress I just bought… 3rd or 4th bed in the last few months… and I’ve been trying and trying (it took about a month for me to get adjusted to the last one but it failed) but this latex is just too bouncy/buoyant. I am sleeping fitfully, and the reverberation from when I move is hurting my neck when I wake up… I have back/Cspine pain… I’m just at a loss I feel defeated… wondering if you have a suggestion as to where I can find a mattress with super high density just foam I guess for the core and maybe a tiny layer of high density memory foam? I need my posture to be right … even over time…but obviously pressure relief as well. I don’t care about sleeping hot at this point I just want to sleep. And the “dead” feel is obviously necessary for me… I wanted to try latex bc I knew it didn’t fail as fast as memory foam… which is true… but I don’t think I can deal with this bounce/bed shaking. So would tha work? High density foam then high density memory foam? Any suggestions as to where? Your help is GREATLY appreciated in any form. Thanks again.

Hi HollyHall (aka ThePrincessAndTheGrainOfSand),

You can find your old thread here. If you remember your password, you would log in using the link in the upper right corner of the main page. But I’m fine using this new thread.

If you’re now considering something using memory foam, you may wish to consider some of the simplified choice options listed here, some of the members listed in post #21 here who are all very experienced and knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices, or some of the other online memory foam options listed in post #12 here.

Phoenix

Hello there,
Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if you know of any trustworthy or helpful retailers/manufacturers in my area? I’m in Houston, TX… sorry if that’s a vague question but I thought I’d try as I saw some suggestions for Austin on another topic… thanks!

Hi HollyHall (aka ThePrincessAndTheGrainOfSand),

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent ( see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … some options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Houston area are listed in post #2 here .

Phoenix