Need mattress topper?

I purchased the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress back 2 years ago. It is 10" thick. Problem is, the sheets hang down to low to the ground and it does not look good. My size is king. Is there any cost effective topper that I can add that will give me an extra few inches in height?

Hi vettehigh,

Post #4 here includes a list of some of the better topper sources I’m aware of but adding a topper will change the feel and performance of your mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) so it may not be the best option if all you want to do is add some height rather than change the feel of your mattress. It may be worthwhile considering adding some very firm polyfoam underneath your mattress instead of a topper so that it will have less effect on your mattress.

Other options that may also be worth considering include thinner sheets or sheet straps/suspenders that can keep your sheets tight (see post #3 here).

Phoenix

What very firm polyfoam would you recommend? Also, I would like it to be 2" or more in thickness…

Hi vettehigh,

The firmer the better and the less it will compress when you sleep on it and affect the feel or performance of the mattress. 40 ILD or higher would probably be a good choice.

Phoenix

I’m looking to spend $100-$200 for a king size if possible, but some I see $300+

Hi vettehigh,

I would probably use 1.8 lb polyfoam and even 1.5 lb firm polyfoam would be OK on the bottom of a mattress.

In these densities you should be able to find a king size layer in your price range with some comparisons between some of the suppliers that are listed.

I don’t know prices off the top of my head for the polyfoam suppliers listed so you would need to make some comparisons or phone calls but as an example if you enter the dimensions of a king size (76" x 80") 2" layer here for 1.8 lb Everlon firm (55 ILD) it will come out to under $100.

Phoenix

I cant seem to open the address you sent me…

[quote=“Phoenix” post=35535]Hi vettehigh,

I would probably use 1.8 lb polyfoam and even 1.5 lb firm polyfoam would be OK on the bottom of a mattress.

In these densities you should be able to find a king size layer in your price range with some comparisons between some of the suppliers that are listed.

I don’t know prices off the top of my head for the polyfoam suppliers listed so you would need to make some comparisons or phone calls but as an example if you enter the dimensions of a king size (76" x 80") 2" layer here for 1.8 lb Everlon firm (55 ILD) it will come out to under $100.

Phoenix[/quote]

Hi vettehigh,

The URL I linked was from after I filled out the form on the site with the dimensions and I didn’t realize that it wasn’t a URL that can be linked. Sorry about that :slight_smile:

If you go here you can fill in the dimensions you need and the type and firmness of the polyfoam you want and it will give you a price.

Phoenix