Need recommendations and help finding a mattress

Hello There,

I am from Tallahassee, I moved here with my wife few months back and bought cheap mattress without doing any research now its killing our back and I want to buy a new one.

I saw your post regarding tempur-pedic vs I Comfort, can you please help me find which are the local manufacturers who sell same quality mattress for less price then name brand.

I will really appreciate your help and thanks in advance for reply.

Hi manny_me,

I don’t know the specifics of what they have on their showroom floor of if any of them would feel similar to any of the iComfort line to you (only your own experience can decide that) but some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Tallahassee area are in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Any particular brand/s that you recommend ?

I would say more and more I look into this its getting more confusing for me. I dont mind spending around $1500 if required but I just want to make sure I am spending it wisely.

I seriously need you help

Hi manny_me,

The brand of a mattress makes little difference because it’s just a name on a label and all manufacturers have access to the same or similar materials that they can use to make their mattresses. “Brand shopping” is one of the worst ways to choose a mattress. Outside of careful and objective testing for PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferenences), a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it regardless of which manufacturer’s label is on the mattress.

While nobody can tell you “what” mattress to choose based on a formula or theory at a distance because nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress … the tutorial post (linked in the top right corner of the page and at the bottom of all my posts) has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with “how” to make the best possible choice and know how to avoid the worst ones. It includes the most important information all in one place and if you follow the steps one by one your chance of finding a good quality/value mattress that is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP is very high.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

Appreciate your comments.

Do you have suggestions on what kind of material I should ask them to use and how much should it be density when I get it manufactured in both tempur-pedic or latex

Hi manny_me,

The type of material you choose would be a personal preference but I would make sure that no matter which type of mattress you prefer that it uses good quality materials (most types of materials have better quality and more durable versions and lower quality less durable versions). The tutorial post has links to more information that talks about the different types of materials that are used in comfort and support layers and also includes some guidelines for the minimum quality I would suggest for each (such as here and here). The goal of your local testing is to see which materials or mattress types you prefer and this is something that only you can decide.

Following the steps in the tutorial post one at a time will give you the best chance of success :slight_smile:

Phoenix