Need to find a custom size

Thanks for this great site. We’ve been reading up and are ready to go shopping. We’re located in the SF Bay area near San Jose. Our bed is an antique and is an odd size which limits our choices. Bay Bed in Santa Cruz promises to build a mattress to fit. So does McRoskey in San Francisco. Many others we’ve called say they do not make custom sizes. Do you know of other manufacturers in the area making custom sized mattresses we should consider?

Hi sfbay,

I don’t know off the top of my head which ones make custom sizes but the manufacturers on the San Francisco list (which is the top part of the list) would be the most likely but you would need to make a few calls to find out for sure. There may also be others outside of the the list and some of the retailers on the list may also be able to order custom sizes from their factories but again I don’t know which ones specifically.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for the reply and the SF list. I hadn’t found that one in my forum searches. We’ll call the folks on the list to see who can build us a custom. I’ll check in later to update on what we find.

Thanks again for the great site and the help!

Hello sfbay,

If you are having a hard time finding a custom size mattress for your antique bed frame, you may want to explore some online companies. I would just suggest you speak directly with a consultant to find out what you might be most suitable for you.

There are many comparable models you would be able to try in retail mattress stores near you to get a better idea before committing to an online order, this can help to ensure you are ordering the best mattress to suit your needs.

I would also suggest looking into getting information foam mattresses, they would be most cost affective since the labor is typically cut in half when manufacturing.

I hope this information is helpful in your journey to finding a better nights rest.

Mario Sevilla
Brooklyn Bedding
480-323-8831

Foam Order has two stores in CA (one in San Francisco) and they run the full upholstery shop with blades big enough to cut their natural latex to any size. I don’t know if they do make custom size ticking, though I know they have the facility to; it’s probably worth asking. My experience with them as been fabulous. Don’t take the first page of Yelp reviews of their company as representative of public opinion, read the next 100 pages to see that actually everyone gives them great reviews.

If you’re looking for organic ticking, there’s a local shop in MN here with free shipping that makes every order custom, even their quilted wool ticking.