Nest Love Bed vs Brooklyn Bedding BME

Hello Mattress Underground,
I am in nyc and was recommended the Casper as a coil spring alternative- a little research later and I now am about to move with no firm decision yet(pun intended:) for a mattress. Research has brought me to think the Nest Love Bed or Brooklyn Bedding BME , both in medium, are the finalists. my 20 old mattress is still very firm and I sleep well on it but it is time to start fresh. I tried the Casper in NYC and it was very nice but it was a little squishy when getting up- are all foam beds that way or might these two be firmer? Im a side sleeper so Im looking at the mediums but I do like some resistance and some degree of sleeping on top of the mattress- not being hugged too much. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!! All the Best- Erianthe

Hi Erianthe,

Most foam mattresses don’t have or need edge support but they will compress more if you put more concentrated weight on the outside few inches of the mattress compared to innerspring mattresses that have edge support (see post #2 here).

You can see my comments about Nest Bedding’s Love Bed and Brooklyn Bedding’s TheBestMattress ever along with some of the other “simplified choice” mattresses in post #2 in this topic.

There is also more about the difference between the “feel” of memory foam and latex in post #2 here. Both of the mattresses you are considering don’t have any memory foam so they will have a more resilient or springy “feel” than the Casper which uses memory foam underneath the latex.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs or firmness options to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences or even to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else.

When you are down to finalists that are all choices between “good and good” (which you are) and none of them have any lower quality materials or “weak links” in their design (which they don’t) and if there are no clear winners between them then you are in the fortunate position that either of them would likely be a good choice and post #2 here can help you make a final choice based on your local testing or mattresses you have slept well on, your more detailed conversations with each of them, your confidence about PPP and the suitability of each one, their prices, your preferences, the options you have after a purchase to return or exchange the mattress, any additional extras that are part of each purchase, and on “informed best judgement” based on all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Thanks for your reply Phoenix! What I am taking away from it is that I really do need to make some calls and speak to the reps about the finer points. I wanted to make a quick decision before my move but I think Ill be sleeping on my couch for a bit while I decide- I dont have much time right now as I am all about the move! Luckily my couch cushions are two slabs of firm foam and I sleep well on it.

I have never even felt an all latex bed - and the Casper is the only foam mattress Ive felt so this whole decision is based on very little actual information gained by my own senses- wish I could go into a store and compare- which is ironic since these bed companies are trying to free us from the dreaded mattress store:) I dont even know if I would really have an issue with the squishyness that I felt from the Casper- might be something I adjust to quickly… well, Ill bring my indecision to the experts at the companies and see where I get. Thanks for your help again and for this very informative site!

Hi Erianthe,

I personally would never suggest buying a mattress that I had never tried without talking to the retailer or manufacturer that sells it.

No matter how much thought and analysis you put into it though … the only way you will really know for certain whether any mattress will be suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) will be based on your own personal experience but the good news is that both of them have a great return/refund policy so that you can test them in your bedroom instead of a showroom with very little risk (outside of the time you spend sleeping on it or returning or donating it should that become necessary).

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix