Nest Love & Sleep

I just got my Nest Love & Sleep Mattress . I excitedly unboxed it and tested laying on it, it is much firmer than I expected it to be! Do these types of mattresses take time to soften up or is this about how firm I can expect it to be?

Hi dneal12,

Congratulations on your new mattress! :cheer: You certainly chose something offering a very good value.

Your question about a new mattress and its initial comfort is a good one. There will be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress or sleeping system as the mattress loses any of its “false firmness” and the cover stretches and loosens a little and your body gets used to a sleeping surface that is different from what it is used. This would typically be a few weeks but it can be shorter or longer depending on the specifics of the person and the mattress. There is quite a bit more detail about this in post #3 here. You should expect your mattress to soften up a bit, and you should also start to “get used to” your new mattress and lose some of your “learned alignment” from your old mattress, so hopefully those two things will combine over the new few weeks and you’ll be more comfortable.

Phoenix