Nest neding discount codes

Im trying to buy the nest alexander signature hybrid latex on the website but there seems to be an error in the discount codes listed on the tmu page. The code nestlove is supposed to offer 20% discount but is only giving 10% discount. The TMU9 discount also does not seem to work (although i assume that its because you cant stack the codes?)

Can someone also provide me the updated specs for hybrid and hybrid latex? The sales person told me that they used 35ild latex but going to diff store it seems a lot softer. The latest forum posts here also have it listed as 28ILD instead which seems a little soft to me. which might be the reason why when i tried the signature hybrid firm vs signature hybrid latex, the hybrid actually seems firmer which I dont understand since generally i think latex is supposed to feel more firm than foam. The latex does still seem supportive but i would prefer it to be a little more firm.

Hi leslie7622.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

I double-checked and the Nest Bedding code “Nestlove” is valid for a 10% discount until Feb 1, 2021, and is not stackable, The TMU9 is the default discount code which should work when no site sales are in effect.

It is possible that the difference in comfort you are experiencing is caused by more “breaking-in” from customer use in one showroom than the same model in a different store (provided you tried the same firmness)
The Alexander Signature Hybrid (Firm) doesn’t use latex with the following layer breakdown:
Reinforced Polyester Encasement
.5" 4 lb. Luxury Memory Foam, Quilted Thermic Phase Change Top
3" 3.5 lb. - 4 lb. TitanChil Endurance Foam®
1" 3 lb. SmartFlow Support Foam
8" Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils
1" 3 lb. Base Support Foam

The (12.5") Natural Hybrid Latex (Firm):
.1" Organic Stretch Knit Cotton and Joma Wool
1.5" 1.5lb Eco Flex Quilting Foam
3" 100% NR Dunlop Latex 34 ILD
1" 1.5LB Eco-Friendly Comfort Foam
6" Caliber Edge Coil Support Pocketed Coils 16 gauge steel
1" 1.5lb Support Foam

The 28 ILD is for Medium firmness. I’d first verify that the beds you tested for the Hybrid Latex in both shops are the firm option to help you make your best decision.

It’s not a surprise that the feel of the Hybrid latex mattresses is noticeably different than the Hybrid Signature, especially given their varied material compositions. Although I do personally like the feel and properties of latex, the choice of materials is a personal preference. For example, there are many people that prefer a Memory Foam feel and are “used” to it to such a degree that any change to a different material may be perceived as very uncomfortable. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Memory Foam or Polyfoam in a mattress… provided that it meets durability guidelines here . The best way to know which types of materials or mattresses or firmness levels you tend to prefer in very general terms will be based on your own local testing and your own personal experience.

I’d also make sure to have a look at the differences between latex and other types of foam in Post #2 here for latex vs memory foam comparison and in Post #2 here which has some pros and cons of latex vs polyfoam.

Good luck and let us know which one is your finalist!

Phoenix

thank you Phoenix for the clarification. I’m still very confused at this point.

I’ve since visited Charles P Rogers and loved their estate 9000 but at 2800 for a king, is quite a lot more expensive. Would you happen to have the updated specs on that mattress?

I also loved Dixie Foam’s all latex 35 ILD Dunlop (1495) but was concerned about the lack of edge support which is pretty important for me since my kid likes to sleep with us. But the back support was amazing for me.

The nest latex (1800) is still a contender but I do wish it was just a tiny bit firmer.

I’ve also been thinking about the diy route since I think I really like latex but need edge support with some kind of nonfoam nom latex base. but I am quite intimidated with the process. Ive been looking through sleep EZ, Arizona premium and latex mattress factory. My next step is to call each one and figure out what their recommendations are for me.

Hi leslie7622.

Below are updated specs I could find for Estate 9000 from CPR site

[indent](15" ÂĽ) Estate 9000 ~ Flippable (medium plush/plush)
Cover Zippered Cotton and Wool Quilt
2" Talalay (32 ILD)
2" Talalay (24 ILD)
Support
8" Active Powercore 3 spring unit with zoned support and triple reinforced border. (Gauge and coil count unknown)- Polyfoam border/edge surrounding the coils of 44 IFD of 1.5lbs which is a bit on the lower density side… I would prefer a 1.8)
Additional latex transition layer
Natural latex suspension layer.[/indent]

You can find the specs for the previous years for Estate Powercore 9000 and some comments about it (and Charles P Rogers in general) in post #2.

Your misgivings about the foam edge support are well-founded: A polyfoam “surround” (either with innersprings or with a foam core) can be among the least desirable of these because the material can sometimes either soften too quickly if you sit on it on a regular basis if the foam is lower quality/density (so you will have areas that are softer than the innerspring or foam core) or it can stay firmer and you will be sleeping in a “well” where the foam that you are sleeping on has softened and compressed. It is also a way to reduce the cost of steel or other higher quality materials used in the mattress and replace it with a less costly material that “tells and sells” a good marketing story but leaves out all the potential negative parts of the story. In general terms … edge support systems that rely on steel will be stronger and more durable than edge support systems that rely only on polyfoam. You’d certainly find many spring units with edge support from our members. You can check the coil suppliers’ offerings and perhaps talk with one of our experts that can help you better approximate the feel you are after
See some spring products with a steel perimeter. from Leggett & Platt
• Quantum® Edge Steel Perimeter
• Caliber™ Edge
• Symmetry DuoCoil 5 Zone

I understand why you would be a bit “intimidated” by a DIY process. While it can certainly be a rewarding project it comes with a steep learning curve, trial and error, uncertainties, and even higher costs in some cases. If you are attracted to the idea of designing and building your own DIY mattress out of separate components and a separate cover then the first place I would start is by reading option 3 in post #15 here and the posts it links to (and option #1 and #2 as well) so that you have more realistic expectations… the best approach to a DIY mattress is a “spirit of adventure” where what you learn and the satisfaction that comes from the process itself is more important than any cost savings you may realize (which may or may not happen).

As you know, all three Companies you mentioned are Trusted Members which means that I think very highly of them and have great regard for their expertise, and believe they compete with among the best in the mattress industry. The advantage of taking the expert “route”, or DIY with expert guidance (as opposed to a DIY) is that the mattress experts already know the specs and information that you would otherwise have to learn. This route is much more effective than “becoming” an expert yourself or focusing on more technical details that can become overwhelming.

I look forward to hearing more about what you learn and answering any additional questions.

Phoenix