Never knew there were so many choices

We’ve had a innerspring mattress that has finally worn out so we’re overdue for a new mattress. My wife added a memory foam topper to the mattress a few years ago, we seem to like that feeling so now are not certain if we want memory foam or latex. We like the Tempur-pedic cloud elite and pure bliss late text beautiful model. Can anybody tell me if $2400 would be a good price on the pure bliss latex queen mattress. Any input would be appreciated as I know both of these mattresses are completely different.

Hi Robalo247,

Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with how to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

There is more about how memory foam compares to latex in post #2 here but this is really a personal preference issue that each person would need to decide on their own based on their own testing and experience.

Post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that you can use to make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses. The “value” of a mattress purchase depends what else is available to you in your area (or online if you are also open to an online purchase), and on the pros and cons of the other mattresses you are comparing it to.

If you are only comparing the Beautiful to the same mattress sold elsewhere (rather than to other similar mattresses) then post #32 here includes several retailers that sell the PLB mattresses and ship them across the country that you can use as a pricing comparison (make sure you talk to them in person because PLB controls advertised pricing which is often not the same as the selling prices).

Phoenix