New Bed Needed - Thinking Latex

Thanks Phoenix!

This is very interesting. David at Verlo said that he could get the Virtue mattress unglued, but it would take 3-4 weeks. However, and unfortunately, he convinced my wife that glued was better than unglued.

[quote]
You can read more about the pros and cons of split layers in post #2 here. She would probably be able to feel the difference in firmness on each side if she was lying across the middle of the bed but not the actual “split” itself. For most people the pros of a split layer would outweigh the cons and the different firmness levels on each side isn’t an issue but this is another one of those issues that your own personal experience will be the only way to know how she feels about it and if for some reason it was an issue then you would would have the “backup” of being able to exchange a layer so the firmness of the top layer at least was the same on each side.[/quote]

Jody at SleepEZ suggested similar configurations for my wife and me with the 10000 mattress: firm (38-40 ILD), medium (30-32 ILD), soft (19-22 ILD), for each of the three layers, bottom to top, all blended Talalay from Radium (Radium, specifically, and blended, since that was the latex at Verlo to which my wife did NOT have an odor reaction). I’m mostly a back sleeper and my wife is a side sleeper, yet despite our different body shapes (me, 6’ and 155 lbs., wife 5’8" and 200ish lbs.), my wife favors a soft mattress and I want one to support my lower back, so I guess the same mattress will work for both of us. A split would add the versatility of adjusting layer order and layer exchange, and possible adjustments over time.

:slight_smile:

Phoenix[/quote]