New in Sacramento, thinking of Berkeley Ergonomics...

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Keep us all updated and informed.

Hi flyinion,

Iā€™m also looking forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, I will post more opinions in a few days or so, but I wanted to give an initial first night review. I loved it. Literally the BEST nights sleep Iā€™ve had in years. I really did NOT want to get out of bed in the morning. For the first time since I can remember (i.e. a LONG time) I got out of bed and did not feel stiff or sore anywhere except my neck. I know that is due to some combination of not sleeping on a neck pillow the last few weeks because the new one I bought did not work well on the GFā€™s old mattress. It does work I think on the new mattress (heights at least) but my neck stuff is either from sleeping on a normal polyfill pillow since seeing the chiropractor last Monday or because the neck pillow I bought is just not working (too firm, maybe slightly too high), so nothing to do with the mattress.

Anyway Iā€™ll post more after a few days of sleeping on it since things can definitely vary during a break-in period. Iā€™m evaluating the neck pillow I have to determine if Iā€™m going to run back and buy an Oxygen Pillow though I know itā€™s not really related to the mattress. At least I already know which one I need since we basically did a fitting for it while trying the mattresses. I moved it around to each floor model as we were testing mattresses and firmness levels.

Hi flyinion,

It sound like you hit the ā€œtargetā€ :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback

Phoenix

Well, itā€™s been about a week and a half now. Weā€™re still in the getting used to the new mattress phase, but so far weā€™re still happy. I DID end up going back this last Saturday and picking up one of their Oxygen pillows. After a couple nights I think I can say my neck issues have been fixed and I slept really good overall last night. I know the BE mattresses are not supposed to break down fast like the big name/cheap foam stuff, but they do apparently have a break-in period and weā€™re in it. When picking up the new pillow I double checked the fit on the in store version of the mattress we bought and it was definitely much softer in spots. I asked and was told it takes about 4 weeks for the new mattress to ā€œbreak inā€ so Iā€™m not too worried about that yet. It might be Iā€™ll need to tweak the slats in the shoulder area a bit but thatā€™s it.

Iā€™ll probably post a final review/update in a few weeks when the break-in period should be over. Thanks again for the info and creating this site!

Hi flyinion,

Iā€™m glad to hear that the neck issues seem to be fixed. Thatā€™s good news!

All new mattresses will have an initial break in period ā€¦ even latex ā€¦ as the materials settle, the cover stretches a bit, and some initial softening occurs. With higher quality materials this will be less of course and the ongoing softening over time will be much less and more gradual than lower quality materials. Once the initial break in period is over (both for you and the mattress) then it will keep itā€™s performance and feel for much longer (breaking in vs breaking down).

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hey flyinion,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new mattress. Thanks for the updates.

Now that you have it Iā€™m curious about how firm your main coil unit, the swedish coils, is on it compared to mine, the german coils. If you wouldnā€™t mind looking, all you need to do is unzip the mattress and look - the numbers are posted on either the foot or head of the mattress on the coil units themselves. Please post the numbers for the microcoils and for the main coil unit.

Your top microcoils are probably labeled 1.3. My main coils are a 2.1 and Iā€™m going to guess your main coils are 1.8 or 1.9. but I would really appreciate you looking and posting up the number as it would give me a good sense of how much softer those coils are than the oneā€™s I have. Thank you again for all your information,

Scott

[quote=ā€œScott1258ā€ post=7818]Hey flyinion,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new mattress. Thanks for the updates.

Now that you have it Iā€™m curious about how firm your main coil unit, the swedish coils, is on it compared to mine, the german coils. If you wouldnā€™t mind looking, all you need to do is unzip the mattress and look - the numbers are posted on either the foot or head of the mattress on the coil units themselves. Please post the numbers for the microcoils and for the main coil unit.

Your top microcoils are probably labeled 1.3. My main coils are a 2.1 and Iā€™m going to guess your main coils are 1.8 or 1.9. but I would really appreciate you looking and posting up the number as it would give me a good sense of how much softer those coils are than the oneā€™s I have. Thank you again for all your information,

Scott[/quote]

Sure, Iā€™ll try to take a look next time we change the sheets on it. Iā€™m still waiting for this sucker to finish breaking in lol. My shoulders still donā€™t drop quite as far as on the in store unit. Iā€™ll give it a couple more weeks and then ask them about it to see if I need to adjust the slats and/or make sure there is nothing wrong internally like they gave us the wrong coils or something lol.