New King size purchase Canada

Hi,

just starting to shop for a King size mattress, and spent some time on your website educating myself. As you mentioned, the salespeople get very strange when asked questions based on the info you provide. That being said, I had a chance to try a couple of mattresses that I thought may work. One of them is Zed Bed, Coco and another one is Simmons Suri TT. Two questions - 1. Is there anyone you can recommend in Canada that sells online that i can talk on the phone with? I checked your list and wasn’t able to find anyone in the area to visit in person - Halifax Nova Scotia. 2. What are your experiences with memory foam as a support layer? Zedbed website has very little info on the material and how it all works, and so did the salesperson. They use soy and they make their own memory foam. Thanks for your help!

Hi ellochka99,

For the most part they certainly do … unfortunately. The ones that don’t (and don’t start rolling their eyes or telling you that only engineers need that type of information) are the ones that tend to have some knowledge about mattresses :slight_smile:

The only actual “recommendations” I make are the members of this site but of course there are many others across Canada and the US that I think highly of, are also knowledgeable, and that I would be comfortable dealing with. There is a list of some online sources that ship across Canada in post #21 here

Post #3 here includes the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Halifax / Dartmouth area.

Memory foam is too soft to be used as a support layer and always needs a firmer support layer underneath it (such as firmer polyfoam, latex, or innersprings). It can be used as a comfort layer or as a transition layer (in the middle area of the mattress) but as a support layer it is too soft and also continues to soften with time over the course of the night.

A forum search on Zedbed (you can just click this) will bring up more information about them … and they are one of the few mattress manufacturers that actually pours their own foam.

Phoenix