New Latex for $1,500

Is this a decent deal?
4" of HD polyfoam topped with 6" of 36 ILD pure Tallalay, topped with 1" 14 ILD pure tallalay?
From Matter Brothers, here in Florida.

Hi herdofem,

I don’t know the size you are looking at, what else is included in the purchase (whether it’s mattress only or a set for example), the density of the polyfoam (although that would be a relatively minor issue with 7" of latex over it), or anything about the other mattresses you are comparing it to or any of the other parts of your personal value equation that may be important to you (such as the options you have after a purchase) so it’s not really possible to assess whether it would be good value for you without much more information.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that you can use to compare your finalists that will help you decide which of them would be the best value for you but “value” itself is always relative to all the parts of your personal value equation that are important to you and on how it compares to other mattresses you are considering or are available to you.

Phoenix

Thanks! Queen size. Mattress only I believe. I’m a side sleeper and normally sleep close to the edge.
I figured latex would be cooler than memory foam. I don’t know the ILD of the HD polyfoam.

Hi herdofem,

I don’t know the raw material cost of their materials or components and there is much more to the value of a mattress than just the raw materials cost (see post #4 here) … but if it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and it compares well to your other finalists or other similar mattresses you are considering then it seems like a reasonable price to me.

Phoenix