New matress in Mexico

My wife and I live in Manzanillo Mexico and we are looking for a new queen size mattress set. We also live 6 months a year in Vancouver Canada and have a latex mattress that we love. Our question is: are there any good quality manufacturers in Mexico or is there a US company that will ship to Mexico at a reasonable cost?

Steve

Hi sclipp,

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of the Mexican market so I would be of little help there although I’m certainly happy to share my thoughts about any mattress you find there if you can find out the specifics of what’s inside it.

One of the forum members (Basily) has mentioned a couple of Mexican latex manufacturers in his posts here and here.

The tutorial post includes this link to some of the members of the site that sell latex mattresses and latex hybrids online that may be helpful but I don’t know which if any of them ship to Mexico so you would need to call or email them to ask.

Phoenix

Thanks for your response and I will check on the suppliers in Mexico. I will also try and get the spec to share with you.

Hi Phoenix, Here is the information from one of the Mexican suppliers.

The FEELTEX mattresses are firm mattresses density 80-85 kg / m3.
100% natural latex foam without synthetic latex, without petroleum products. Henequen natural fibers. Cover is a simple natural cotton cover rustic type.

Thanks
Steve

Hi sclipp,

I don’t know the specifics of all the layers and components in the mattress (see this article) … but you can see some brief comments about the Feeltex mattress at the end of post #4 here.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can also help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix your information is very helpful in an industry that is mostly based on deception.

Steve