New mattress for me and GF

Hey Phoenix,

I see you help almost everyone out with their mattress selections so i was wondering if you can help me. Me and my GF are moving into an apartment together so we want to invest into a nice mattress.

We were both thinking that 100% natural latex would be best for us. We also don’t like our mattress too soft. We had a memory foam topper from costco that was way too soft. I also like it cold when i sleep so that was also bad.
She falls asleep fast while i move around alot, so i think that would be another benefit of getting the latex.
We both sleep on our side.

We dont mind spending for good quality and warranty up to around $2,500.00

Where would you recommend we start or in general do you have any advice.
We are in the NYC region so i think finding places to try them out shouldn’t be a problem. Either zip codes 10306 or 11222 .

Thanks for any help
-Fil

Hi Polskifil,

The first place to start is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice. Your budget is certainly plenty to buy a high quality mattress.

Once you get to step 3 … then post #2 here has the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the NYC area and post #7 here also has a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of many of them.

Of course if you have any questions or comments along the way feel free to post them here and I’ll certainly do my best to answer them :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thanks for the Quick reply!

I read everything and feel i know what i want. That list made it easy as these 3 factory direct guys are near me and all offer some sort of all latex mattress.

dixiefoam - For latex they offer the Tri-Zone Latex. Any opinions on that as it seems to be at a very good price.
scottjordan - dont see any prices on their website for the All latex
mattressfac - same as scottjordan

I Guess the next step is to call them up and get general pricing.
Then from there visit them.

Out of the 3 are any generally known to be better value?’

Thanks
Fil

Hi Polskifil,

The value of a mattress purchase depends on how two specific mattresses compare to others that are available to you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you and is relative to your specific criteria in a mattress including PPP. Having said that … all of these are open and transparent about the materials they use in their mattresses and are knowledgeable and experienced and provide good guidance to their customers (which are all part of the value of a mattress purchase). I would consider any of these to be well worth visiting and wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from any of them.

Phoenix