new mattress from pei

i found this model at sleep country…
Signature Collection Wellington Pocket Coil SPT …any thoughts on this model

sleepfactory.com/mattress-types/latex-foam/marquis-supreme-latex-foam-mattress

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sleepfactory.com/mattress-types/latex-foam/marquis-supreme-latex-foam-mattress

Hi spencer,

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sleepfactory.com/mattress-brand/slee...gton-pocket-coil-spt

The mattress you linked is from Sleepfactory (not Sleep Country).

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is it’s durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label. In other words I would always make sure that you are able to find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components in a mattress to the quality/durability guidelines here and confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would compromise the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any mattress purchase. I would also only deal with retailers or manufacturers that are both willing and able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.

Unfortunately the information in the link you posted doesn’t provide any meaningful information about the foam layers in the mattress and without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of the materials and components or the mattress “as a whole”

If you can find out all the specs of the mattress in the link I posted about the mattress specifications you need to know and post them on the forum I’d certainly be happy to let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of the mattress.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=60091]Hi spencer,

[quote]i found this model at sleep country…
Signature Collection Wellington Pocket Coil SPT …any thoughts on this model

www.sleepfactory.com/mattress-brand/slee...gton-pocket-coil-spt[/quote]

The mattress you linked is from Sleepfactory (not Sleep Country).

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is it’s durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label. In other words I would always make sure that you are able to find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components in a mattress to the quality/durability guidelines here and confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would compromise the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any mattress purchase. I would also only deal with retailers or manufacturers that are both willing and able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.

Unfortunately the information in the link you posted doesn’t provide any meaningful information about the foam layers in the mattress and without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of the materials and components or the mattress “as a whole”

If you can find out all the specs of the mattress in the link I posted about the mattress specifications you need to know and post them on the forum I’d certainly be happy to let you know if there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of the mattress.

Phoenix[/quote]
sorry about the wrong business name…reading to many posts…lol…tks i will try to find out the info…the only other mattress i found was a couple of springwalls…all the other stores only sell the big brand names

Hi spencer,

You may have seen this already but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Charlottetown area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked in my last reply) are listed in post #5 here.

If you are also open to an online purchase then some of the better online options I’m aware of that ship accross Canada are listed in post #21 here.

Phoenix

sleepfactory.com/mattress-types/latex-foam/marquis-supreme-latex-foam-mattress
10 iches of medium firm 2.1 lbs foam…with 1 inch natural latex …

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sleepfactory.com/mattress-types/latex-foam/marquis-supreme-latex-foam-mattress

Hi spencer,

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: sleepfactory.com/mattress-types/late…-latex-foam-mattress

Thanks for listing the specs.

The materials in this mattress are all good quality and durable materials that are better than the minimums that I would suggest in the guidelines and there are no weak links in the mattress that would be a cause for concern in terms of durability and the useful life of the mattress.

If you have confirmed that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and compares well to the other mattresses that you are also looking at based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would certainly be well worth considering.

Phoenix

thanks for the help

ending buying a silmilar model from springwall…they have a great rep …who answered every question i had…even on sunday when i was looking at mattress…

Hi spencer,

Springwall has told me that they would be happy to provide the specs of the materials and components in their mattresses to consumers that ask (see post #4 here) so assuming that you are confident that the mattress you purchased is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP and you have confirmed that there are no lower quality materials or weak links that could compromise the durability or useful life of your mattress … congratulations on your new mattress :).

It would also be great if you let us know which mattress you purchased and the specs of your mattress (see this page) so that others that may be considering the same mattress can benefit from your research.

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit as well.

Phoenix

its 7 inches of 1.9 lbs firm density foam with 2 inches of ng latex …with cotton /bamboo topper…springwall laurentian…its on the firm side but the plush was too soft…hopefully 8 hrs on it will be enjoyable after adjusting to a new bed…again i have to mention the atlantic canada rep for springwall…he was awesome…he returned my calls quickly and always had the answers…he pointed towards a store in the moncton area that had all there models on display…very easy to compare mattresses…i was shopping on sunday and sent him a few questions via text message and supprisingly he answered me right back…not very many companies would do that on sunday…so i was able to pick s mattress and know the specs right away…made shopping alot easier…also this website has invaluable info to help guide you through the mattress buying process…tks again…will update in the future

Hi spencer,

Thanks for adding the specs of your new Springwall Laurentian … I appreciate it.

Springwall has always impressed me with their transparency and it’s great to hear that they provided you with the kind of service that they did. There are certainly no lower quality materials or weak links in your mattress.

Phoenix

loving the new mattress…alot cooler then our old memory foam mattress…just the right amount of support for us

Hi spencer,

Thanks for the update.

It’s great to hear that your new mattress is working out well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Disappointing… the mattress has not held up well … after 3 yrs it has developed many pressure points

Hi spencer,

I am sorry to hear the new mattress is not working out well. I know you gave the specs in one of your earlier posts from three years ago, but I’m curious to know what the ILD of that latex topper was? Although it was pointed out that there were no weak links in your mattress there’s also no transition layers in the mattress which is explained pretty well in our putting the layers together article.

Possibly there may be other things going on with a change in BMI, change in sleep patterns, changes in our bodies which are causing the pressure points. Maybe a 2" plush Talalay or Dunlop latex topper would help. But really only you know and can feel of this is a product breakdown, or just an adjustment is needed. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the update, it is helpful for the TMU forum.

Sensei