New mattress - obese person

Don’t mean to intrude, but you may also find this analysis Phoenix has of the top 16 manufacturers to be helpful.

Hi Blagdaross,

[quote]my point is that you can tell me that the mattress I ordered is bad based on quality and value, but you can’t tell me a single brand that has good quality and value. if you know what brands are bad, then you must know what brands are good, right?

Obviously a big part of choosing a mattress is going to be personal preference, but you seem to have a criteria for value and quality which isn’t personal preference. So what brand(s) meet this criteria? Thats all I’m asking. [/quote]

Unfortunately your logic doesn’t work with mattresses. The problem with “brand shopping” is that you aren’t buying the brand … you are buying a specific mattress … and most manufacturers make a wide range of mattresses that can vary from very low quality that in some cases may only last you for weeks or months to much more premium mattresses that use higher quality and more durable materials that will have a much longer useable lifetime. In terms of quality and durability … a mattress is only as good as the type and quality/durability of the materials and components inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. The name of the manufacturer on the label won’t tell you anything about whether a specific mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP or whether there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the design. There is more about the risks of brand shopping in post #5 here and post #12 here).

Choosing the most suitable, the most durable, and the best “value” mattress will require some time and effort on your part that nobody else can do for you. While the information on the site can help you narrow down your choices and save you a great deal of time and frustration and the high possibility of buyers remorse much too quickly after a purchase … it can’t do all the “work” involved for you.

I’m not clear why you are continuing the discussion here though because I thought you have already made your choice for better or for worse based on your own set of guidelines.

Phoenix