New Mattress Search

Thank you, in advance for your guidance. We need a new mattress and from reading the comments, I’m zeroing in on a latex or latex hybrid. First question- suggestions? Side- sleepers, my husband is about 40 pounds heavier. There is so much information, my mind is muddled. I don’t want to make a mistake and overspend but I don’t mind spending extra for something that will be comfortable and will last.

Second- do I have to purchase a special foundation for a latex mattress? Please offer suggestions, I’d so appreciate your advise. Thanks again. I’m not being lazy by asking but I got overwhelmed

Hi OllieP.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

The first part of post #2 here has more information about some of the ways that can help accommodate a couple where each one’s need and preferences are different. A split layering is certainly one good option that has helped many couples in a similar situation although there may also be “regular” mattresses that work well for both of you as well so I wouldn’t rule out a regular mattress either … especially if you have researched and are working with a knowledgeable retailer or manufacturer (step 3 of the tutorial post here) that has experience in dealing with situations such as yours.

I would highly recommend looking into this option, especially if you feel you vary in support needs. if you pick a split configuration, you can get the support and comfort each of you prefers. A number of our Trusted Members offer split configurations. Also, they are extremely knowledgable and compete with the best in the industry. If you present them with your sleeping specs, comfort/support needs, etc. they will be able to help you choose the best fit both product and ILD wise…whether you choose. a split configuration or not.

Off the top of my head, I would suggest exploring options with the following…

Arizona Premium
Sleep EZ
FloBeds
Latex Mattress Factory
Nest Bedding

Generally, a slatted wood base with no more than 3" of space between slats is the recommendation for latex/latex hybrids. You can read more about that in this forum topic

I hope this helps you start your search. Please let us know if you have any other questions!
NikkiTMU

I wanted to thank you very much for your thoughtful and informed reply. I am prepared!!! Thanks again.