New member looking for some help :-)

Firstly, great forum with loads on useful information. Really helped me get an idea of what to look for. Now onto my questions…

My wife and I visited a local store to test out the savvy rest mattresses and here is the configuration we both ended up liking the Firm/Soft/Med configuration in Dunlop.

1. Planning to order the same configuration for the Natural Latex on the Sleepez website. How different can I expect the sleepez latex to feel since it will be the natural (blended) latex vs the organic one we tried in savvy rest. Would it be softer, harder or same?

2. I am 6’2, 240lbs side sleeper. Should I be concerned going with soft as one of my layers? Will this get too soft with time because of my weight? I found the firm/med/med Dunlop configuration a little too firm for my liking. Even tried replacing the top medium dunlop layer with talalay and it still felt firm.

3. Any downside in going with Dunlop vs talalay? Sleepez doesn’t differentiate in price between the two and the general notion seems to be that talalay is better. We mostly tested Dunlop and liked it a lot so not sure if we are missing out by not going with a talalay. Also noticed that the non-organic talalay on sleepez is a blend and no 100% latex. Not sure how different that would be?

Thanks.

Hi dsm918,

In terms of feel and performance … organic Dunlop would be the same as 100% natural Dunlop in the same material and ILD except it isn’t certified (see post #6 here).

I would either use your own personal testing as a guideline (assuming that you were using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) or alternatively follow the suggestions that are part of a more detailed conversation with an online manufacturer you are considering who will know more their mattresses and about “matching” their different designs to different body types and sleeping styles than anyone else (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Outside of your local testing on a very similar mattress (such as the Savvy Rest) … SleepEz would be the best source of guidance about their specific mattresses

All materials will soften over time to some degree but latex will soften much less than other foam materials and I wouldn’t have any durability concerns with latex as long as your firmness choices are suitable for you.

No … the choice between Talalay and Dunlop would be a preference choice not a “better worse” choice. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and this article and there is a little more about the difference in “feel” between them in post #7 here.

Blended Talalay is usually in the same approximate price range as 100% natural Dunlop and 100% natural Talalay is usually in a higher budget range but I really wouldn’t think of one type as being “better” than another … they are just different so different people will prefer one over the other.

Phoenix

Hi dsm,

If you are going to order a Sleep EZ, I would suggest placing the order over the phone. That way you can get your TMU discount. I do not believe there is an option on the website for the discount.

Also if you talk to Shawn with Sleep EZ he might point you to a little different configuration like he did with me after we tried a Savvy Rest due to the fact that they carry an X-Firm in their level of comforts.

Good luck on your mattress purchase!

Great. Thanks for the help. I’ll give them a call.