New Member - New Mattress!

Hey All,

A few hours ago, i was very close to pulling the trigger on Amerisleep’s “Revere” bed because of the sale:

After reviewing some posts here and specifically by Phoenix, it seems that Amerisleep quality is a bit below some of the others i could aim for in a similar price range.

I’m currently leaning towards something from Select Foam - I’m a bit torn between the Regalis and the Cirrus Luxe. I had a slipped disc in my lower back years ago, and i’m not entirely sure which would be better for me. I’m worried there’s not quite enough support with the Luxe? however, i enjoy that soft feel. Any back pain sufferers here with some insight?

Thanks All!

Hi Kozy88,

I’m glad you found us before you pulled the trigger so you have some other memory foam options to consider (the online memory foam list is in post #12 here).

The Regalis uses the Tempurpedic Rhapsody as a reference point and the Cirrus Luxe uses the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe as a reference point so I would make sure you’ve tested both of these in a local store (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) so your testing can decide which one would be a better match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Your own personal testing along along with a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer is the most effective way to decide on which of their mattresses would have the highest odds of being the best choice for you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

How a mattress feels and performs can be unique to each person and can be very different from someone else.

Phoenix

Hey Kozy88,

I just ordered the Cirrus Luxe (my posts have been under this thread, “Memory Foam Mattress Help”). I should get the bed in a week and will update my experience as able. I have a ruptured and bulging disc and wanted some thing very comfortable but with good support. My wife and I loved the feel of Tempurpedic’s Cloud Luxe and that sent me off in search of a more reasonably priced alternative. I’m hopeful that the 4lb memory foam comfort level backed up by 7.2 lb memory foam and 2.5lb (ILD 32) poly foam support layers will achieve my objectives. Customer service has been great so far. Try to look past the inconsistent information on the web site (e.g. 8lb memory foam now replaced by 7.2lb memory foam, other outdated info as well) and follow up directly with them re questions (Peter has been really good).

Good luck to you.

Phoenix - Appreciate the response! I used your PPP system an hour ago

Hey hwuya,

After testing out both tempurpedic beds at a local Sleepy’s - I’m leaning heavily towards the Cirrus Luxe as well. I sleep 60% on my back and 40% on my side. While i enjoyed the Rhapsody on my back, i think it may be a bit too tough for side sleeping.

Is the foundation necessary? That’s my last decision at this point - I’ll be going Queen size

Hi Kozy88,

That’s good to see :slight_smile:

While you don’t need to use their specific foundation … you will need a suitable support surface and/or platform bed under the mattress that meets their warranty criteria to provide even, firm, non flexing support underneath it yes (see the foundation post here).

Phoenix

appreciate the reply,

could you by chance link a proper platform bed or two? i’d like to see exactly what you mean

thanks!

Hi Kozy88,

There are several links to a few slatted platform beds in the foundation post I linked (near the bottom).

Phoenix

Phoenix,

do you think something like this would work? Given the slats are close enough together, i think it will fit the bill

http://www.allbeds.com/product/munich-platform-bed.html

my concern would be a 13" mattress being to “tall” and sticking up too high…could ruin the look

Hi Kozy88,

[quote]do you think something like this would work? Given the slats are close enough together, i think it will fit the bill

www.allbeds.com/product/munich-platform-bed.html[/quote]

I can’t see the details of the slats on the site but if you’ve confirmed that they are close enough together and it has good center support to the floor then it should work fine.

Phoenix

Alright - I’ve decided on this mattress:

http://www.selectfoam.com/cirrus-luxe-es.html

And this bedframe / set:

http://www.raymourflanigan.com/kian-4pc-queen-bedroom-set-598088310.aspx

Now - there’s a “platform look” and an actual “platform” version of this. The former requiring the mattress foundation, and the latter being a straight platform bed. Given the price difference between the two…and the cost of adding the foundation to my order from Select Foam…the totals come out just about the same.

Phoenix - is there a “Quality” preference between the two above choices? would one option be better for my mattress? or is it just personal choice now…

which would you go with?

Hi Kozy88,

I don’t think either one would be an issue in terms of strength or support for the mattress (assuming the platform bed has a suitable support surface) so it would really be a matter of personal preference or perhaps the height of the sleeping surface that you are most comfortable with if they are different.

I really don’t know. I would need more specific information about both choices (such as the specifics of the platform support surface or cross slats) and would probably need to see them both in person to make a choice.

Phoenix