New Member Question: Are Christeli Matresses Good?

Anyone ever try Christeli Memory Foam Mattress with Latex?

They have two that are supposed to be like the TP Luxe Breeze.

The Briella and the Lux Estate. I really like the TP, but alas, to expensive.

I want to get an adjustable base. They have an Ergomatic 4000 and 5000.

Any info anyone has would be helpful

Thank you in advance

Hi Premalata,

I’m not sure which mattress you mean (they have two with latex) but a forum search on Christeli Lux Estate or on Palais Grand Royale (you can just click these) will bring up more information and feedback about both of them. Both of these mattresses use the Tempurpedic Grandbed as a reference point. A forum search on Christeli will also bring up more posts with general information about them and some of their other mattresses as well.

[quote]They have two that are supposed to be like the TP Luxe Breeze.

The Briella and the Lux Estate. I really like the TP, but alas, to expensive.[/quote]

The Briella uses the TP Cloud Luxe for a reference point and the Lux Estate uses the TP Grandbed (not the Cloud Luxe). There are also many different ways that one mattress can “match” another one and a mattress may be a good match in one way or several ways but not another that may be important to you. There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “be like” another one in post #9 here.

This really depends on what you mean by good because there can be several answers to this for the same mattress.

If a mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) then from a suitability point of view it would be a “good” mattress. No matter what the cost or quality of a mattress … if it’s not a good match for you in terms of PPP and you don’t sleep well on it then it would have little value to you. The only way to know this for certain is with careful and objective testing on the mattress or a mattress that is very similar in the ways that are important to you or if you can’t test it first then when you actually sleep on it.

The second way to define “good” is the quality/durability of the materials. You can’t “feel” the quality of the materials in a mattress when you test it or sleep on it because low quality less durable materials can feel the same as high quality more durable materials … they just don’t last as long. If you buy a mattress that is perfect at first but loses its comfort or support because it uses lower quality materials that will soften, compress, or break down too quickly relative to the price you paid then it would also have little value to you. The loss of comfort and support is the reason that most people will need to buy a new mattress and since this isn’t considered to be a defect in the mattress … it isn’t covered by any warranty. This is why it’s so important to know the quality of all the layers and components in any mattress you are considering so you can compare them to the guidelines in post #4 here and make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. In terms of the quality of the materials … the Christeli mattresses use high quality materials and there are no weak links in any of the mattresses you are considering.

The last part of whether a mattress (or more accurately a mattress purchase) is “good” for you depends on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you including the price, how it compares to your other finalists, and any return or exchange policies which can be an “insurance policy” just in case your experience doesn’t agree with others that a mattress is a good “match” to the mattress you tested in the ways that are most important to you (regardless of whether other people think it is) and these can also be an important part of the “value” of an online purchase.

If you are also considering an adjustable bed then this can be purchased anywhere and is more of a basic “price per features” purchase than a mattress so whether you purchase an adjustable from the same place as your mattress would depend on whether what they offered had better features or pricing than the other options you have available. Post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to has more information that can help you decide on which adjustable bed may be best for you and includes some links to sources that you can use as pricing references as well.

Phoenix

:cheer: Phoenix,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I have searched Christeli and read a lot about them.

I guess part of my question is: Is their Lux better for me with the Latex, or is the Briella with the reversible for softness better.

Good point, you don’t necessarily have to buy the adjustable part from them.

I will also read all the posts you suggested.

thank you very much

Hi Premalata,

The Briella uses the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe as a reference and the Lux uses the Tempurpedic Grandbed so I would use that as your guideline (which of the two Tempurpedics is the best match for you in terms of PPP) along with a more detailed discussion with them on the phone and the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you to help you decide which one out of these two would be best for you.

Phoenix

I’m currently waiting on a Christeli myself, but I ordered the Danieli as the TP Rhapsody Breeze was the best fit for us on PPP. Like Phoenix said, I’d probably select from them based on whether the Cloud Luxe or the Grand Bed was the better fit for your PPP.

With the adjustables, I found out a little on the models they offer.

The Ergomatic 4000 is actually a rebranded ErgoMotion 400.

The Ergomatic 5000 is actually a rebranded Rize Comtemporary

Their pricing is pretty competitive on them. I know for the eastern split kings, the 4000 is a little less than on adjustablebeds.org, and the 5000 is the same price as you’d find there.

Osahar,

Thank you so much for the info…and good luck with your bed.

I am leaning towards the Briella because there is such a huge price difference between that and the palais

I talked to Mike and he said the Briella is more like the Cloud Luxe Breeze tp that I like and I need a softer bed because of back issues.

Did you get an adjustable with it and if so, which one did you get?

I am getting a queen size.

:silly: :silly: :lol: :silly:

Thanks, now I’m just waiting for it to ship. Should get a tracking number sometime this week.

I’d agree - go with the one that should match the TP model you liked best. I never did get to try out the Grand Bed, the two Mattress Firms I stopped at to test didn’t have any floor models to try out.

So far, we haven’t gone with any of the adjustables. She wants to wait and see how the new mattress feels first before spending even more on an adjustable frame. I was leaning heavily towards either a Reverie Deluxe or Ergomotion 400 though.

I did find a great deal (again King, didn’t compare Queen pricing) on the Reverie through one of Phoenix’s linked sellers that has an eBay store - New Beds Direct / Florida Mattress Centers

I called Mark from new beds direct and he has a great price on a leggett and platt adjustable bed frame and suggested the correct model for me. After doing some research, he was absolutely right!

So, I am going with the Christeli Breilla mattress, made is USA and with the leggett and platt adjustable bed, made in USA also.

I found out from Mark that the base I was looking at through Christeli, and as I found out from here is rebranded, is from China. It is all over the internet. They rebrand the same item so they don’t have to price match. Yuck

The Designer 222 by L&P also has a matching headboard if I want and the white glove delivery is, I believe, $190 from Mark and $299 from Christeli on the base.

Hi Premalata,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know what you ended up deciding.

You did some good research and ended up making some good choices and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive them.

Congratulations on your new mattress and adjustable :slight_smile:

Phoenix