Newbie looking at hybrid

Phoenix, thank you for this great site. I was all set on bed in a box thinking it was better value than the biggies. Then after reading about possible problems with that and your positive reviews of the independents which I would have never thought to buy from. I am going to see Jeff up at Mattress To Go up in Shelby Township Michigan this weekend with the wife. I am going to listen to Jeff and his recommendations but he has this bed with inner springs and foam combination. Anybody have these hybrid beds? They do sound like the best of both worlds.
http://www.matttogo.com/Fusion_Hybrid.html

Hi delwind,

As you probably know from your reading here … I think very highly of Jeff and Mattress to go and he is one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry (see the first part of post #4 here).

[quote]Anybody have these hybrid beds? They do sound like the best of both worlds.
www.matttogo.com/Fusion_Hybrid.html[/quote]

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but I would be very cautious about using other people’s experience as a guideline for your own because a mattress that can be “perfect” for one person in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

I would rely on your own testing in combination with the guidance of an “expert” such as Jeff to decide on whether a mattress is a good match for you because sometimes a mattress that you “want to like” doesn’t turn out as well in real life once you have tested it (and of course sometimes it may also turn out to be everything you hoped for as well :)).

I’m looking forward to your feedback after your visit.

Phoenix

I went to see Jeff at Matt To Go and he was everything you could ask. My brother needed a mattress and Jeff convinced us that a king Koil XL is the way to go for my extra heavy brother. My brother picked it up that day. I personally check out a ton of beds and decided on the Pure Bliss Beautiful. I need to bring the wife and have her lay on it but wow that was comfortable.

Hi delwind,

It’s great to hear that you also had a chance to experience the same kind of knowledge and guidance that many other forum members have also experienced in dealing with Jeff and Matt To Go.

Congratulations on your brother’s purchase and assuming that the Beautiful is as good a match for your wife as it seems to be for you as well and you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any feedback you have the chance to share about either your brother’s mattress or yours when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix