Nod by Tuft & Needle

I couldn’t find any info on the Nod by Tuft & Needle on Amazon on this forum. I’m assuming since it’s from Tuft & Needle it’s a good product and it comes with a 10 year warranty with no more than a 3/4" dent. This would be for my daughter, she’s 13 and growing fast and her current bed is giving her back pains. I’d like something that can last her several years as she continues to grow. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this particular bed, it seems very reasonably priced but I can only find it on Amazon.

Hi dang10010.

Would you happen to have the specifications for the Nod handy?

Children have much different needs than adults because their body shape in not yet as curvy and they tend to do better with a firmer surface.

You may wish to consider a multi-layered component style system mattress that you can add or exchange layers to as your child grows. If and when they need a softer comfort layer in their “sleeping system” you can also add a softer topper to any firmer child’ mattress when they get older and develop more adult proportions. Generally, a child won’t need more than 6" or so of latex, so you can certainly use the lower/firmer layers for a child’s bed as they are very adaptable at a younger age and can sleep almost on anything.

Generally, for growing children, you want something more in the “medium” to “medium-firm” range, due to their epiphyseal plate and postural formation.

Post #2 here includes links to most of the better forum posts and topics about mattresses and children and includes some suggestions and guidelines and links to some good quality/value options as well.

I wouldn’t put much weight in warranties. Warranties are not a reliable indicator of the useful life of a mattress as most of them have exclusions designed to protect the manufacturer from honoring them or exclude “normal” body impressions and don’t cover the loss of comfort and support that comes from foam softening. Granted that latex can in certain cases last for at least a decade. Beware of any salesperson who attempts to sell you a mattress based on its warranty and bear in mind that some of the highest quality and longest lasting mattresses in the world only have a 10-year warranty. In other words, base your durability estimates on what you know about the materials in a mattress, not on manufacturer warranties.

I’ve given you a lot to consider here! Do let us know if you have additional questions.
NikkiTMU