Northwest Bedding, Spokane, WA

Hello,
As I previously posted, I am going to be looking at mattresses at a store that carries Northwest Bedding mattresses. Specifically, the models they have on the floor are: Dartmouth- innerspring; and one that they say is the same as that only with Euro top - both of these are considered latex plush; a model named Jasper and one called Iris. The last are referred to as natural response. I looked on the NW bedding website and could not find these models anywhere. Can you translate any of this for me? Also, my zip code is 98513 if you have any suggestions where else to look. The price range right now I would say would be in the mid $3,000 or less - kingsize.
Thank you so much.

I also wanted to know your opinion of those computerized mattress evaluations, where you lie down and according to how you position yourself, it recommends mattresses. How reliable are these?

Hi passat,

I switched your post to your previous topic with the same title.

I would need to know the details of what is inside a mattress you are considering. If you can find out the information listed here from the retailer and post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials or any possible weak links in any of their mattresses you are considering.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Olympia area are listed in post #5 here.

There is more about pressure mapping systems in post #4 here and post #2 here. In general I would treat them as an aid but they wouldn’t be the primary basis for my choice … especially if they are only linked to a specific line of mattresses.

Phoenix

Hello,
I’m writing to ask if you or anyone else on this site has ever dealt with the 6 day mattress store in Issaquah, Wa (it used to be called the 4 day mattress store). I think I am interested in the Pure Latex Bliss after reading the forum and other recommended reading on this site. It seems like a good place to start, since there is a lot of talk re: the PLB. I know they are pricier, but we don’t have a lot of time to look around due to the nature of my husband’s business. Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi passat,

You can see my comments based on my conversations with them in the Seattle list here. There are also many reviews about them online at yelp reviews and google reviews

The Pure Latex Bliss mattresses certainly use good quality materials and don’t have any “weak links” in their construction and materials although there are a wide range of firmness choices so it would be important to make sure that the one you choose is a good match for you in terms of PPP.

Post #32 here also includes some online retailers that ship PLB mattresses across the country that you can use as a “value reference” when you are making a local purchase of one of their mattresses.

Phoenix

Hello,
I have tested 4 of the PLB mattresses (my husband has not yet) and I have ruled out the Pamper (too hard). I did one of those computerized tests where you lay on the bed and just guessed at my husband’s responses and it showed that I would be more suited to a softer mattress, than he.
So—between the PLB Nature and the Beautiful which do you think would be a happy medium? Of course, it depends on his testing also. They do have the World’s Best Bed also, but it seemed a little soft. And at this point, I would prefer not to have to add a topper to one side.
As a reminder, I am 5’4" , 130 lbs. and he is 5’10" 200 lbs. and a bit more on the “husky” side.
Thank you again.

Hi Passat,

Unfortunately … there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to know which mattress is best for you based on a formula or “theory at a distance” or that can predict this more effectively than your own personal testing and experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress.

I would make sure though when he does his testing that the Beautiful keeps him in good alignment in all his sleeping positions and that the Nature doesn’t have pressure points for you. The Nature would be closer to a “happy medium” in terms of its rated softness level (the Beautiful is much closer to the soft end of the range) but each person can be very different from someone else.

Phoenix

Hello again,
We have purchased the Beautiful PLB mattress and have only used it for less than a week, so we are still getting used to it. My concern is, they sold us the Tempurpedic Advanced Performance Mattress Protector and it does not fit properly. It is too slack and causes wrinkles across the bed and therefore the sheets also. I know we need a waterproof protector for the warranty, but I’m wondering if we added something like the St. Dormeir which you recommended in another post, if that would help with the slack and still allow the breathability. It seems like it needs a little something extra for comfort, but I know we need to allow more time adjusting also. I hate to keep adding to the cost of the bed.
What do you think? Any other recommendations?
Thanks,
Passat

Hi passat,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It sounds like your protector may be the wrong size for your mattress (possibly with pockets that are too deep to keep it tight on your mattress). I have also seen other similar complaints about the Tempurpedic protectors.

I would use one or the other but not both. The St Dormeir is water resistant but not waterproof (which for most people is fine) but is much more breathable than the Tempurpedic membrane type of protector you are using. It’s isn’t meant to add any comfort to a mattress although it will have a little more effect on the “feel” of your mattress than a thinner membrane type of protector. If you are more comfortable with a waterproof membrane type of protector instead of water resistant then I would probably look at one of the ones that are mentioned in some of the links in post #89 here that fit a little more tightly (less pocket depth) than the Tempurpedic protector.

Phoenix

I forgot to mention that the 6 day mattress store has EXCELLENT prices on the PLB and they also seemed very knowledgeable. We did end up purchasing closer to home for the same price, but I would not hesitate to buy from them if they were closer. Just wanted others to know it would be worth checking with them.
Thanks.