Northwest Indiana resources

Hi winter1,

Yes, that’s what I was thinking; in order to find out where the issue is, the only practical way to tell (though obviously not practical for everyone) would be to test how the various layers ‘feel’ to you when you are resting solely on that layer on the floor. Alternatively, you can note how the Megan feels with and without the mattress bad…are your pressure points more sore or less? Is is more comfortable for all points on your body with the mattress pad, or is it just a minor difference?

Every sleeper has a unique ‘body profile’ based on their Stats and PPP. A mattress that’s too soft for one person - even if they are same age, height, BMI and sleep profile can be too firm for that similar sleeper. Mattresses are unfortunately extremely subjective in terms of comfort, which is why so many consumers get frustrated with the process.

You may want to contact @Quality_Sleep_Shop with your concerns to see what they suggest as far as possibly exchanging comfort layers or even adding a mattress topper to adjust the comfort level to see if that will improve the feel for you.

~ Basilio

I wanted to come back to this thread. I did take the mattress cover off the bed and did lay it on the floor. I wasn’t sure what I was trying to “feel” for. The floor was still hard. The mattress pad made it slightly softer. I finally decided that the problem was my old bones. I tracked how many days my hip hurt with the mattress pad on, and how many days it hurt with the mattress pad off, and neither on nor off seemed to make a difference. Sometimes the hip hurt and sometimes it didn’t.

Bottom line, I am very happy with my purchase. (Currently I do not have the mattress pad on it, just b/c that was the last way I did the experiment.)

Edited to add since the thread is long–I got the Megan from Quality Sleep Store in Chicago.

Hi winter1

Congrats on your new mattress from @Quality_Sleep_Shop! Glad to hear it’s working for you without the mattress pad…sometimes the only way to find the ‘weak link’ in your sleep solution is to try laying on the various layers, or subtracting layers from the build and seeing how it then feels. QSS has been a Trusted Member of the site for over 10 years, and have been making high quality mattresses for over 50 years, and it sounds like they have ‘hit the target’ once again. I trust you will enjoy many years of comfortable and supportive sleep going forward!

~ Basilio