Not Sure What Mattress to Purchase

So I’ve been searching this site and several other sites for over a month now. We’ve visited several big box stores and a local vendor that Phoenix had provided. We tried all types of mattresses, from innerspring, memory foam, latex, and hybrids. We liked several mattresses, but preferred the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. I refuse to purchase a mattress that is over priced and doesn’t use top quality foam. So now we’re torn between the following mattresses:

1. Brooklyn Bedding Cool Luxe - 120 Day Sleep Trial, with free return shipping, it has gotten decent reviews. The edge issue that one member posted concerns me.

2. Select Foam Cirrus Luxe-ES 13 - 90 Day Sleep Trial, with free return shipping, looks to be a decent mattress, very similar to the TP Cloud Luxe. Some concerns about their Customer Service, based on some reviews I read.

3. Restava The Ivory Gel 13 - 120 Day Sleep Trial, with free return shipping, least expense mattress of the bunch, appears to be a decent mattress. Not many reviews.

Just not sure which mattress is the best.

Hi cviz,

The good news is that you have eliminated all your worst choices and are left with choices between “good and good” and from a quality or value perspective none of them would be a mistake.

Post #2 here has more about making final choices but in the end it’s really a matter of which of the many objective, subjective, and intangible factors and tradeoffs involved in any mattress purchase are most important to you and not a matter of “better and worse” because all of your final choices are much better quality/value than the large majority of mattresses that most people end up purchasing.

Phoenix

After much research, combing through this website and a few others we reached a decision and pulled the trigger on a new king size mattress set. We decided to go with:

Select Foam Cirrus Luxe-ES 13.

They were very prompt in returning my emails and contacting me. They gave us a great offer. I was leaning towards, purchasing a Leggett & Platt Prodigy adjustable base from another vendor; but decided to get the Reverie Deluxe from Select Foam. Also purchased the White Glove delivery where they will set everything up and take away our old bed.

Looking forward to sleeping in this new bed, as I recently torn my Achilles’ tendon and had surgery on it. I need to keep my leg elevated so the adjustable base will come in handy.

While the final 3 mattresses we selected were all great choices. We chose the Cirrus Luxe because Select Foam was the only one that reversed engineered the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe.

I will follow-up with a review of my experience with the Cirrus Luxe when the mattress delivered.

Hi cviz,

It sounds to me like you made a great choice and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Congratulations on your new mattress … and adjustable base :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank Phoenix. Thank you again for this site that has a wealth of information.