Novosbed and Bed in a Box

Hello - your site is so informative that I sincerely can not read another word. I’d like a short and sweet reply to Novosbed or Bed in a Box - I cancelled yet another order from the “S” word and lost another $300 today for re-stocking. I am now at a $2300.00 in loss and still no bed. I am seriously considering one of the above two in my “subject”

I am in tears. Today my hands shook when I cancelled my last order of “S” and found out I was being taken for yet more cash.

Short and sweet please. I am so tired of reading and broke monetarily.
Barb

Hi Barb,

I apologize your experience is bad.

I doubt you will get the short and sweet answer you’re looking for … But appreciate the desire. The problem is, there’s nothing that anyone can tell you to buy that will ensure a suitable mattress for you. The best is to start at the tutorial post and evaluate for yourself. Even if each member who has succeeded in finding their perfect mattress listed what they had, it wouldn’t really help…

The tutorial post is here:
https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/how-to-look-for-and-find-the-best-mattress-for-you-read-first

I will note that since you’ve had a bed or 2 fail because both you and your partner weren’t happy, you might consider a mattress that is side-to-side split zoned. Basically, each half of the mattress is designed to be more suitable for each of you in terms of PPP.

Also, you might check out the membership list for retailers that have Phoenix’s stamp of approval.

Hi Barb,

I’m also sorry to hear about your experiences but as dn mentioned there is no shortcut or alternative to some good research and testing when you are buying a new mattress and only you can decide on a mattress that is a good match for you.

It would be much less time consuming and much less costly to spend some time reading about what to look for and what to avoid than to repeat the same scenario all over again.

I would also make sure that any memory foam mattress you purchase meets the minimum criteria for a memory foam mattress outlined in post #10 here.

You can also read more about BedInabox in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi Barb,

Sorry to hear about your experience with “S”. I note that you are in Ohio - during the winter months people sometimes find that their memory foam mattresses feel firmer. This can be related to the temperature in their bedroom, or cold-air circulation beneath the mattress. If you’re unable to return your mattress to the retailer than I’d recommend trying it for a night with the heat turned up before selling it at a loss.

Having said that, I read your other posts and see that you’ve tried the Prodigy which was “too soft” and now have the Genius which is “too hard”. I’ve reviewed the construction of those mattresses and it appears that you’re looking for something right in the middle.

If my suggestion above doesn’t work and you end up purchasing from Novosbed, I’d recommend the Aria. It’s medium-firm and has our highest customer satisfaction rating. Also, as with all Novosbed mattresses, we’ll pick it up and refund your money if it doesn’t suit you. Note, however, that there is a VERY high likelihood that you’ll love it :).

If you need more info, please feel free to contact us, or reply to this post.

Warmest regards,

Novosbed