Novosbed & Brooklyn #bestmattressever

I’ve gone overkill on matress reviews and I think I"ve narrowed it down to these two.

My wife and I are going to try some memory foam and latex in store just to get the general feel for both and use that to make the final decision.

My question is, would you put both of these manufacturers in the “high quality” group. They’re on the more expensive end of online mattresses (and middle to low fo in store). I just want to know that preference of memory foam vs latex aside, that these are both well made mattresses and are worth the price.

Any anecdotal preferences or experiences with these brands are also welcome.

Thank you!

Hi gohatters,

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Latex and memory foam are very different materials with very different properties and there is more about some of the general differences between them in post #2 here. The best way to know which type of materials or mattresses you tend to prefer will be based on your own careful testing or your own personal experience so it’s good to see that you are doing some local testing to get a sense of which type of material or mattress that you tend to prefer.

There is more about both mattresses along with some of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here in the simplified choice mattress topic. The first post in the topic would be worth reading as well.

There are many more comments and feedback about the Best Mattress Ever in this topic and a forum search on Novosbed will also bring up some comments and feedback about them as well.

Both of them are members of this site which means that I think highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. The Brooklyn Bedding BestMattressEver would be suitable for any weight range in terms of the quality and durability of the materials. Novosbed would be suitable for anyone that was in more average weight ranges (less than the lower 200s or so) although I would be cautious if you are in higher weight ranges (mid 200’s or more) with their firm and soft versions.

Phoenix

thank you!