Novosbed reviews

Hi Novosbed,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to tonybat.

And “ditto” to your comments about weighing mattress buying “advice” accordingly. Very well said.

Phoenix

Hello Novosbed!

Sorry for my late response. The carrier was fine so no need to escalate the issue.

I’ve been sleeping on the bed for a month now, and I am having an issue with back-pain, whether I sleep on my back or on the side (I’m a side sleeper), when I wake up in the morning, I feel pain in my back, that goes away an hour after but this has been happening non stop now. My wife doesn’t have this problem, she likes the mattress but I’m not sure why I have this back-pain.

I purchased the King Medium-Firm version. The issue is, I’m not sure if this back-pain could be solved with a firmer or softer mattress and I have no idea how I can tell. I know I can order the iComfort+ kit from Novosbed, but I don’t know which version would help (the softer or firmer)… Moreover, my wife told me that this kit will make the mattress thicker which could create us a problem since our kid sleep with us and she is worried if she gets down from a mattress that is too high.

This leaves us with the following option and I need your opinion on it, if possible: would it be possible to try both a firm and soft iComfort+ kit, so I can tell what is causing the back-pain, and then, if I find out the one that works for me, I either return the kit that I don’t need (for example if the firmer kit works, I keep it and return the soft and vice-versa) or, if my wife really doesn’t like the new thickness of the mattress and one of the kits works for me, I then return the mattress and the kits and buy a new mattress that would be either softer or thicker, based on the tests that I will do.

I hope you would be able to provide some insight on this, so I know how to proceed from here. I read great reviews on the customer service that you have so I’m being openly honest about my situation.

Thank you in advance!
Tony

Hi tonybat,

I know that Novosbed monitors this forum frequently, but I’m not sure how quickly they will see your post. Additionally, they can’t identify your purchase through your Mattress Underground handle. I think a more appropriate channel to get the best and most complete service (as you don’t want your private information presented on a very public forum), would be to phone their customer support and reference this post.

1-877-496-3626
[email protected]

And I look forward to learning of any changes, if any, you make to your current mattress configuration, and the results (which I hope are positive:) ).

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for responding. I called Novosbed and explained my situation, they said they only ship one Comfort + kit per client. They recommended the “Soft” version (I followed their recommendation). However, I did ask them if it would be possible to test the “Firm” version, if the soft one doesn’t work for us, but they said it’s not possible since only one Comfort + kit is allowed per order, and I can’t return/exchange it. In other words, if the Comfort + soft doesn’t work for us, we have to return the mattress and maybe re-order the mattress again, which I won’t be doing.

So I hope the Comfort + Soft kit will work for us (we should receive it this week, then we will allow ourselves around 2-3 weeks to test it out), we will eventually return the mattress and we will not take the risk of ordering a new one.

I would have hoped that Novosbed would be more flexible in our situation in a regards where, if the Comfort + soft kit (which they recommended) doesn’t work for us, we can request the Firm version of the kit and test it. At least in this case, there is a chance for us to keep the mattress.

I will update my feedback as soon as we receive the comfort + soft, and test it. I had higher expectations of this mattress and now I have so-so feelings.

Thank you!
Tony

Hi tonybat,

Thanks for the update. I’m glad you phoned them and they’re sending you out a Comfort+ kit.

When mattress companies do offer exchanges or adjustments to their products, it is usually only one within a trial period, usually limiting this to one per client or one per a defined time frame, such as per year. In this case, they’re sending an adjustment kit at no charge, using their best guidance based upon your feedback and their experience as to what they think might best work for you. While it certainly would be nice to have multiple options sent out for testing :slight_smile: , building that much into the price that everyone would have to pay isn’t generally part of an economically competitive business model. At least you are getting a “second chance” to test out this product and still be able to return it for a refund, where in many “simplified choice” mattresses you’d have no option to change the feel of the product and you’d already have returned it. I understand looking at this as a “negative” that you’re not getting an extra two choices to pair with your current mattress, but I would still look at it as a “positive” that you’re at least getting one extra option to see if you can find comfort with your mattress choice. I do hope the kits works well for you, but if it doesn’t you at least did have the foresight to choose something that does allow for a return.

Good luck!

Phoenix

Hello Tonybat,

Thank you contacting our customer service team directly. Given the circumstances you described in your earlier post I would also have recommended the C+ softening kit. This will not eliminate the support of the mattress, nor the memory foam response, but it will make the mattress feel a little more plush and accommodating, especially for side sleepers.

Why do we only offer 1 Comfort+ per mattress? There are two reasons:

1. Economics: The Novosbed mattress, with high density foams, custom-made zippers that allow for interchangeability (using similar technology as Jeep canopies do), a removable and washable top panel, custom interlock fire-proof fabric, and an optional Comfort+ kit for tweaking, is one of the highest-end mattresses currently on the market. Economically it is impossible for us to send out a second Comfort+ kit without raising prices.

2. Regulation: We have fire-tested the Novosbed to accommodate only one Comfort+ at a time. If we shipped more than one to a customer then we would be supplying something that is untested.

I am confident that the softening C+ will improve your sleeping experience, and look forward to your continued posts on TheMattressUnderground.

All the best,

Novosbed.

PS: A quick thanks to Phoenix for responding to your earlier post with our customer service information!

Hi Phoenix,

I agree with you, and I am looking at the positive side of things. I look forward to test the new Comfort+ Soft kit and I hope it will work for us, my wife and I. I will keep you posted as soon as we test it out (in 2-3 weeks).

Tony

Hi Novosbed,

Thank you for explaining the reasons on why only one Comfort+ kit can be sent. And I am happy that you recommended the Soft version of the Comfort+, like the customer service rep. did on the phone. I hope this kit will work for us, I will keep you posted.

In case we feel no progress in the next month or so, and we decide to return the mattress with the Comfort+ kit, and if we decide to purchase again the “firm” version of the mattress, will we be entitled to test the new mattress for 120 days and in case we feel its too firm, get the iComfort + kit for it? I hope we will not need to return our current mattress at all, but I’m just asking to know how the procedure works.

Thanks again and I look forward for the Comfort + kit, which should be delivered tomorrow (I got the tracking number already).

Thank you!
Tony

Hi Tonybat,

Sadly, there is only one trial per household, per year. If you returned the Medium and purchased the Firm within the same year it would not have the option for Comfort+ or return. If there is overlap between the delivery of the new mattress and the return of the first we could allow you to keep the Comfort+ Soft kit for the new mattress in case you needed it. If the Medium is returned prior to the Firm delivering, the kit does need to be returned to receive a full refund.

For full details on the return policy please refer to our Terms & Conditions, our support team is also available to help at any point via phone, chat, or email, M-F 10 am - 7 pm EST.

Kind regards,

Novosbed

Hi! It’s my first time posting, but I think I’ve done my due diligence and read as many Novosbed related topics as I could and still find myself asking this question…

Are the three models listed for CANADA on the Novosbed website, as comparibles to the Tempur=Pedic mattresses, still relevant? I’m leaning towards the King Firm for my husband and I (we are very different shapes and sizes…I’m a short plump 5’5" around 240lbs and he is a long, leaner version at 6’ around 170lbs).
My concern is even reading over and over how “firm” the Firm is…the Tempur-ES is the “soft support” line and I worry I’ll just sink into the mattress due to my…size.

Can anyone with a lot of meat on their bones let me know if the Tempur-ES models are ones I should be trying in store to get a good feel for as a comparison to the Novosbed, and if not - is there something out there I could try? Also, anyone with experience on my body type with this mattress have any reviews or notes?

I fully appreciate that each mattress experience is unique to the person(s)…I’m desperate and really just looking for anything to give me an idea of whether this sleep solution could work for us. (We’ve gone through 6 mattresses in 6 years and we are looking again as our Zedbed Polar is just not a good fit for my husband).

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Hi Shay2679,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The last update on the Novosbed site (I think you are referring to this page) was Nov. 4, 2016, and per Novosbed:
Novosbed mattresses do not imitate Tempur-Pedic mattresses. Novosbed and Tempur-Pedic mattresses are built slightly differently and don’t feel identical. Each Novosbed is created to provide a unique soft, medium, or firm feel. The following comparables are provided as a rough reference point only.

We know that the Firm Novosbed uses a 7" 1.8 lb polyfoam support core, on top of which is a 2" 5 lb memory foam layer, topped by a 2" 4 lb. memory foam layer. Unfortunately, Tempurpedic stopped listing the specifications of their mattress a few years ago, so I don’t have reliable information on the Canadian line to help you compare.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with such as the Tempurpedic ES 8" – 10") than anyone else. As Novosbed states, they are not trying to duplicate the feel of any Tempurpedic model, so any comparisons would be “relative” to each other. Novosbed is a site member here (as I think you are aware) and I do trust the advice the provide on the phone.

The Novosbed Firm uses good quality and durable materials, and at 240 lbs you’re just about on the edge of what I would consider for a 1.8 lb polyfoam support core. As for anyone else having experience with this mattress in a “body style” similar to yours, there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved in choosing a mattress for someone else to make specific suggestions based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory at a distance that can possible be more accurate than your own careful and objective testing (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) which is always the most reliable way to predict which mattress will be the best match for you in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here), no matter how well-meaning someone might be with their comments.

I’ll be interested in learning if you phone Novosbed and any comments that they might have for you. Perhaps in your region they ma have other suggestions for you to try. And the good news is that they do have a 120 night sleep trial should the mattress not turn out as you had hoped.

Phoenix

We had their king size Harmony for about 2 years and had nor problem with it until a few months ago it had become harder and cann’t sleep on the side any more Called the company to see if we could get one of the Comfort Kits they talk about but was told they don’t have the Harmony any more and they
could not fit it. I thought a King is a King, what is not to fit? We paid a lot of money for just two years use.
Might as well buy one from Walmart next time for a fraction of the price.

Hi goldenrule1941,

I’m sorry you’re not sleeping as comfortably as before on your Novosbed Harmony. Foams tend to get softer over time, not harder, so perhaps the normal softening of the upper memory foam layers are allowing you to sink in a bit more or “feel through” them and you’re feeling a bit more of the polyfoam support core part of the mattress.

They were correct, the Comfort+ kit is not designed for your mattress and you’re misinterpreting what they mean by “not fit”. This isn’t an issue of dimensions (yes, you are correct, a king is still 76" x 80") but an issue of properly being fit within the mattress. The Comfort+ kit isn’t a topper that is placed upon the top of a mattress, but it is instead placed within the mattress under a zippered top panel on the top of the mattress. Your mattress was not designed in this fashion with the top zippered panel (not customizable), so that is why the Comfort+ kit isn’t able to be “fit” to your mattress. The Comfort+ kit is offered in the current Novosbed line as part of their 120 night comfort program. Even if you wanted to uncover your current mattress and place the Comfort+ layer into your mattress, the Harmony hasn’t passed federal flammability regulations using the Comfort+ kit, so it isn’t something that Novosbed would be able to supply to you for that reason.

As it seems that after two years you are desiring a bit more comfort (and the comfort guarantees from manufacturers don’t generally extend out that long and comfort preference is not a warranty issue), you may wish to investigate a topper as an easy way to acquire a bit more surface plushness. There is more about selecting a topper in post #2 if you are interested.

Phoenix

I just wanted to alert all potential buyer of Novosbed on their consumer service and especially if you are old or have trouble lifting weights.
I just got a bed and a foundation package last week. The bed appears to be fine; however the foundation had only 10 slots instead of 13 leaving 3 horizontal wood extra and the space between slots lot wider than specified by the company. I was not upset as things could go wrong provided we have the solution.
I called the customer service the next day explaining my situation. The customer service passed on to manager understanding gravity of the situation. First, the manager told me not to worry about the situation including the wider slots which are contradictory to what the company preaches for longer mattress life and keeping the warranty in check. When I disputed this option, the manager asked me to by wood panel from hardware store, and place it on the foundation. Now I am getting less value from the product and I have to pay extra for that. When I resisted this option, the manager gave me two additional options as given below.
Option#1 – The Company will send the new side bars with 13 slots; however it will take long time.
I just want to explain the implications. It would require me to take bed; skirt and everything else lying on the bed, disassemble the foundation completely including many bolts, approximately 30 screws. Remove the side bar and place newly supplied side bars and reassemble the whole foundation. I am not sure about the strength of wood bars after screwing second time. I will have to send them two wrong bars. The amount of work that I have to go through along with potentially weakened product after paying the full price and no fault of mine is an issue here.
Option#2 – The company will try to send correct foundation pieces faster from their warehouse if I take pictures of foundation and send them.
This would require even more work i.e. move everything including foundation coves to take picture and then rearrange them back. When I get the correct parts, I have to go through same drill as option #1
By the way, I offered my credit card authorization of full foundation value if the company finds me untrue on my problem. This means if I am lying, they could charge me full value of new foundation for wasting their time. This could have avoided me to take picture and reduce work associated with it. The manager flatly denied.
Since I cannot handle weights and other activities myself, I requested if a person from Novosbed can come and fix the problem or pay for hired service. The manager flatly refused and offered 5% discount and I thought it was an insulting proposition. I never wanted or asked for any discount. I was so upset that I refuse to talk to this manager and politely said I will have to call you later for my problem.
They know exactly who I am as the manager took all the info including order#. IF THIS COMPANY HAS ANY VALUE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CONCERED ABOUT CUSTOMER, THEY WOULD HAVE CALLED ME IN LAST THREE DAYS, BUT NO CALLS…
I have not decided on my future steps i.e. succumb to their tactics (you are God until goods are sold to you) or call them again and plead.

Hello Rghodasara,

I’m one of the founders of Novosbed, and as per your request our customer service manager escalated your concerns to me. As such I’ve taken a detailed look at your file and your concerns.

First off - I want to apologize for the inconvenience that our manufacturing error has caused. Although it is rare, products are occasionally packaged incorrectly and shipped. This is why you received the 10-slat frame instead of the 13-slat. Typically when this happens we offer our customers as many options as possible to correct the problem. In your case we offered two choices:

1. To ship the replacement side rails from our factory without photos required, or
  2. To ship a new unit from our warehouse, with photos

Option 1 would have taken a 2 business days longer than option 2. In discussion with the customer service team yesterday regarding your concerns we have shipped you a new complete unit directly from the factory. Once it arrives we will coordinate the removal of your existing 10-slat foundation. You will not need to disassemble it.

As for needing to move the mattress and assemble the replacement foundation - please contact us directly to discuss this.

Please know that we are VERY focused on offering the best customer service in the business. As such, please feel free to contact us at anytime. Also feel free to reach out to me personally.

Warmest regards,
Sam

Novosbed

Hi Novosbed (Sam),

Thank you for taking the time to monitor the forum and reply to Rghodasara. I appreciate your quick attention to one of the site members, your explanation of the issue, and of course assistance to Rghodasara. That’s great customer service. :slight_smile:

Hi Rghordasara,

I’m sorry that you were shipped an incorrect foundation with your Novosbed, but I see that they have a new one that is being sent out to you already, and I hope you’ll follow up with them regarding your other questions, as they asked.

I know it can be frustrating when a product ordered doesn’t arrive as expected, but unfortunately it does happen at times. I’ve found that in such cases it helps to not take honest mistakes and subsequent attempts to address the situation as a personal affront, as this is of course not the goal of any reputable business. Considering options offered as “insulting” or having an opinion that a company doesn’t care about you after the sale (“you are God until goods are sold to you”) doesn’t strengthen your position or standing when people consider your plight/post here, and instead makes one consider the source as looking only to complain and harm instead of searching for resolution and help. I’m glad that in this situation Sam and Novosbed have been able to begin the process of getting you the correct foundation that you ordered, and I’m happy the forum here was able to assist in correcting your issue.

Phoenix

Thank you Sam for addressing my concern!
I do understand that the mistakes could happen, rarely though, in today’s complex supply chain world and I was not upset for the mistake. You appear to strive for utmost customer service and the reply I got from your manager did not match that standard especially when there was no fault of mine. When the service manager escalated the concern to you, all she had to do is let me know that you guys are working on it and we wouldn’t have been in this situation. In any case, I appreciate you addressing my concern and I thank you in advance for that.

PHOENIX: I do understand that this is an honest mistake. I was upset at how the solution was handled. My complaint was not to harm the supplier at all. All that I express is my honest experience and the frustration that I had to go through in search of the solution. Appreciating Sam’s effort to resolve this issue is also my also my honest opinion too. I just wanted to straight my record.
Hats off to you for maintaining this forum.

RG

Hi rghodasara,

Thanks for your reply, and I’m glad that things are working toward a good resolution to you receiving your correct foundation!

Phoenix

I got a Novosbed and I was told this would not get hot, it gets hot to the touch, I got a medium and I noticed that the soft comes in gel so I guess the soft should be cooler. But this Medium gets hot to the touch, If I get up and go in the bathroom when I come back the mattress still hot, I called Novosbed and they said nothing the can do just get some sheets lol. You can’t do anything for 30 days and later we need to keep for 60days a mattress that is advertise that does not get hot and is cool which it isn’t unless you leave up north where your home is 60 degree and below. I’m very unhappy with.

Hi Vietnow,

It’s obvious that you are not inserted in learning or contributing to the forum, but instead prefer to troll and repeat the same agendized, inaccurate and disparaging information, so I’ve deleted your posts (although I’ve left my response stand to one of your posts). Further similar posts will result in your loss of posting privileges here on the forum.

Phoenix