NovosBed - Took the Leap

Well I took the leap yesterday and ordered a NovosBed. This is completely against my character and I am starting to have second thoughts. Especially after reading the reviews on ResellerRatings.com. Strange each reviewer only has 1 post and every review is perfect English :huh:

Hopefully this works out …My fingers are crossed !

Hi anxious,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a good quality/value choice and with their great return policy there is little risk in trying it.

I would be very cautious about using mattress reviews (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of mattress research or information anyway and in many cases they can be much more misleading than helpful (see post #13 here).

I’m looking forward to any comments or feedback you have the chance to share once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

NOTE ADDED JAN, 2016: They have now introduced their new simplified choice mattress which has replaced their previous models and have also become a member of this site.

Phoenix

Anxious,

Though no mattress is perfect for everyone, I can share my experience with Novosbed. I originally bought a latex mattress after following MU for months. I previously had a Serta for 14 years that worked great, but simply was worn out. I initially thought latex was what I wanted but after 2 1/2 mos realized it just didn’t work for me. I had back and shoulder pain and after switching layers multiple times returned it. I started back at square one and decided to try out memory foam. I liked several tempurpedics but not the prices! After researching and talking with Novosbed I decided on buying the Aria, though initially was thinking of the Sonata. The bed arrived well packaged and quickly expanded to its natural form. After sleeping on it for a week, I really loved the feel but felt it was much firmer than expected. It had a very nice feel and I knew that it would take time for my body to adjust to a new bed. I also realized I am sensitive to sleeping “hot” and became frustrated with waking up hot. I kept sleeping with it for another month and then ordered a 2 inch gel memory foam topper - and now I am in heaven. I have now had the mattress for 5 months and simply love it! I simply go to bed and feel so comfortable in this bed- very comfortable, yet so supportive. I certainly do not know the longevity of this mattress but have been very impressed by this company and customer support - they are incredibly helpful and try to make the purchase or if needed a return as seamless and non-stressful as possible. I hope you enjoy the mattress, but at least if it doesn’t work - you will feel like you are dealing with a responsible company.

Thanks Chloe, that makes me feel better. We also ordered the Aria. After reading we are also concerned it might be a little firm for us. Also, we sleep ‘hot’ to begin with so that is another concern.

What a great idea about the 2 inch gel topper. I will definitely keep that in mind after the bed arrives. We have already ordered the wool St Dormeir bed topper after reading about it on this site. I wonder if having both the St Dormier and a gel memory foam topper would combine well?

Any specific brand of gel topper?

I think the St. Dormeir topper is a great idea and I almost went that way, but decided to pursue the gel first. One bit of advice - since you have 120 days of trial, give it some time before making any big changes. Everyone reacts to mattresses differently and Phoenix’s advice on PPP is very true. Hopefully things will work out for you…

Hi anxious,

I would add a “ditto” to choe41’s advice here :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I purchased a Novosbed Classic in January. I wasn’t pleased with it because when I slept on my back, I felt like I was sinking into the mattress. After reading about my experience on this forum, I was contacted by Novosbed’s customer service who thought my mattress was defective. I have been pleased with Novosbed’s customer service. My longer post about this is #336 here.

chloe what gel topper did you buy? i’m in the market for a gel foam topper too and i sleep hot as well so if it’s cool i’d like to try it! thanks