novosbed

I am about 300 hours into mattress research and have firmly decided the folks here are the best!

I am looking at the Novosbed Aria, King Size and I have some concerns:

I am 5’2" and about 140lb and the fiance is 6’2" and 250 or so. We are mostly side and back sleepers.

We both liked the Tempur-pedic Cloud Supreme but the price is insane. Fiance is concerned about the bed being too firm and I am concerned about too much sinking causing pressure points.

Has anyone been sleeping on the Aria with similar concerns that may have some insight? The warranty seems fairly risk-free but I am very very nervous about such a large purchase sight unseen.

We currently sleep on 2 horrible futon mattresses with a poor quality foam on top. We are in CA now and relocating to Austin TX and we are hoping to time the shipment with our arrival.

I am also concerned about the base as we are purchasing a whole new bed with the move. Any insight would be very very appreciated.

I purchased the Harmony from novosbed and it was to firm for my liking. I kept it about 3 months before deciding it just would not work for me. I will say that the return policy is great and their customer service is the best. I returned my mattress and received a full refund. I recommend going to their site and using their online chat. They will answer all of your concerns. Good luck with your search as I know how tiring it is.

Hi Rsheezy48,

I would make sure that you do some careful and objective testing (using the testing guidelines) on the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme (which the mattress approximates) for at least 20 minutes or so (or even a little longer to make sure that the memory foam has a chance to warm up) and then talk with them in more detail to help you decide if it’s a good match for you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). Your own personal experience will be much more valuable than anyone else’s because each person’s needs, preferences, and perceptions can be very different … even with the same body type or sleeping position. Your highest odds of success are always a combination of careful and objective testing on a similar mattress wherever possible in combination with a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced manufacturer or retailer.

You can read their guidelines for a suitable foundation or bedframe here and the foundation thread here has links to many options that would be suitable for a memory foam mattress (just make sure that whatever you choose meets their warranty criteria).

As mikeh59 mentioned … their return policy is great if in spite of everyone’s “best efforts” you end up making a choice that is less than ideal.

Phoenix